Bangkok Shore Excursion: Private Grand Palace and Shopping Tour
Within the enormous palace grounds lies the Wat Phra Kaew – the Temple of the Emerald Buddha. At the heart of the sacred temple you’ll find the magnificent Buddha image carved in the 14th century from one piece of jade, considered the holiest and most revered of religious objects in Thailand today.
Following your tour of the palace and temple, stop for lunch (own expense). After your meal, your guide will advise you on the best places in Bangkok to shop, depending on your interests. Your guide will accompany you to one or two spots where you can browse to your heart’s desire during the afternoon, with ample opportunities for a snack or beverage (own expense).
Your tour ends with drop-off by private vehicle at the Laem Chabang or Kong Toey cruise terminal.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:We will ensure your timely return to the Bangkok cruise port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
- Port pickup and drop-off
- English-speaking guide
- Transport by private, air-conditioned vehicle
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Please note that it takes approximately 1.5 to 2 hours one way between Laem Chabang and central Bangkok
- Dress Code: There is a strict dress code for visiting the Grand Palace. The Temple of the Emerald Buddha is Thailand's most sacred site. Visitors must be properly dressed before being allowed entry to the temple. Men must wear long pants and shirts with sleeves - no sleeveless tops. If you're wearing sandals or flip-flops you must wear socks (in other words, no bare feet.) Women must be similarly modestly dressed. No see-through clothes, bare shoulders, etc. It is also recommended to avoid bright colors
The Grand Palace tour was amazing. What added to the memory of this visit was the fact that the entire country was in mourning over the recent death of their king. All citizens were in black, showing their respect. We will never forget this experience.
The whole tour from pick up to drop off was well organised. The guide knew so much we were fully absorbed in the whole experience. We had a toddler with us and everything was done to ensure we were all very comfortable with the itinerary. Thank you so much.
The guide had problems with her English. In spite of that she polite and considerate of our needs. The grand palace was crowded d and noisy. It was hard to appreciate it he area. She took to a nice shopping area and stayed with us.
Our ship docked far from Bangkok so it was a long drive from the pier to the city, our guide ?Moab was excellent as was his driver. Being only four in our party it was ideall for Moab to wisk us around especially where crowds gathered, he wasted no time leading us from building to building and telling us where the best photo opportunities were located. We wanted to cancel the shopping tour and visit the Jim Thompson house but with political unrest in the area many streets were blocked off by the police. It was a good tour but way too far to drive--it would have been better to dock closer but that was beyond our control or the guide, he was an excellent guide.