Grand Palace Bangkok
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The Grand Palace, Na Phra Lan Rd, Maharaj Pier next to Wat Phra Kaeo Temple Complex, Bangkok Thailand
This half day tour starts either in the morning or in the afternoon. We will pick you up from your hotel in Bangkok and guided by your professional guide, transfer to the entrance of the Grand Palace in the old part of the capital.
Situated close to the Chao Phraya, Bangkok’s River of Kings, the Grand Palace occupies nearly one square mile. The former royal residence of the Chakri Kings, the palace is the perfect example of an ancient Siamese court. Built in 1782 by King Rama I, it was the centre of power for more than 150 years. Today, the palace is Bangkok's major landmark and most popular tourist attraction and is often used for the occasional ceremony. The interiors of most of the buildings in the Grand Palace are closed to the public
Wat Phra Kaew adjoins the Grand Palace in a common compound and is the home of the country's most famous Buddha statue (also known as the Emerald Buddha). This important figure has a long and interesting history that is tied to the royal family and once resided in nearby Wat Arun. It is relatively small (about 66 centimetres) and is situated in a high position in the Wat to signify its important status in the Thai kingdom.
Dating back to 1782 (when Bangkok was founded), the entire compound consists of over 100 brightly coloured buildings, golden spires and glittering mosaics. Together, these two sites form what many consider the greatest spectacle for visitors to Bangkok.
After this visit, we drive you back to your hotel in Bangkok.
Duration: 2 hours
- An English-speaking guide.Other languages are on request and may be subject to supplementary charges
- Transportation by car / mini-van / coach with professional driver.
- All entrance and donation fees for visits as mentioned in the description.
- All applicable taxes and service charges
- Entry/Admission - The Grand Palace
- Tours, inclusions of any kind and other services that are not outlined in the tour description
- Transfers to and from apartment complexes, local guest houses, or private apartments
- Transfers from and to airport, sea/river ports, train stations that are located inside or outside of the city center and others are NOT included in the service and supplements will applied
- Transfers from and to hotels and resorts that are located outside of the city center are NOT included in the service and supplements will applied
- Personal expenses such as meals, drinks, tips and gratuities,
- Travel insurance coverage for customers (highly recommendable)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- This tour is operated both on private basis as well as on joint / Seat-In-Coach basis.
- Most travelers can participate
- Private tours are operated with an English-speaking guide only with other languages for joint operation on selected days of the week only.
- Transfers are only operated within the downtown Bangkok areas and restricted to main hotels only. Regions outside the central business district such as Khao San Road, Rattanakosin, Nonthaburi, Thonburi, Minburi, both International Airports, Ratchadapisek and upper Sukhumvit (Soi 55 and further) are excluded and supplementary charges apply.
- We regret that are unable to provide pick-up and drop-off transfer services from and to apartment complexes, local guest houses or private apartments. We advise you kindly to head on your own arrangement to the nearest hotel inside the downtown Bangkok area.
- Should you have booked a joint / Seat-In-Coach excursion, we are unable to communicate with you with accurate participation numbers, as these may change until the very last moment.
- Royal temples and palaces uphold a very strict dress code: it is essential that you dress appropriately during this excursion by wearing clothes that cover shoulders and fall below the knees. Customers wearing shirts with obscene and disrespectful prints and pictures and brightly-coloured clothing may be refused entrance.
- To respect local customs and respecting the religious sites and temples on this tour, it is customary for guests to take off their shoes before allowed entrance. Your guide will inform you in advance for which of these sites this is applicable.
- We always will make efforts to confirm the exact pick-up time upon reservation. For any operational issues in which are not able to confirm the exact pick-up time in advance, we reserve the right to inform you the day before the departure of the tour.
- Certain sights in this excursion may not be photographed for specific reasons. We kindly ask for your understanding by following local regulations
- Please ensure that you bring sunglasses, a hat /cap and sunblock with a high SPF factor when traveling with us on this tour – even when it is cloudy, the sunrays still have an immense power.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct hotel information, should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 24 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 24 hours may be on request.
- In the event of no-show or change of accommodation without prior consent and confirmation from us within 24 hours may result in the applicable cancellation charges as outlined in the terms and conditions.
Rather disappointing, not value for money, tour of Grand Palace would have been greatly improved by being able to visit inside of it. It was a tour only of the outside and some of its gardens and the guide did not seem that knowledgable and was annoying most of the time
My husband and I did this tour recently and we were very impressed with our English speaking guide, Tanya. We were collected from our hotel and dropped off close to the Palace. Tanya was very knowledgable about the Palace and the surrounding buildings. We did the tour in the afternoon and it was extremely hot, and very crowded and recommend trying to do the tour earlier in the day, if possible.
The palaces and temples were very beautiful and the tour guide was informative, although hard to understand at times. It was nice having a guide to tell you about the different temples as well as find you the easiest ways in and out without trying to figure it out ourselves. The downfall was that the tour is said to be 4 hours and it only ended up being about 2.5.
Excellent guide and good tour but rated as 4 since main imperial halls closed