Private Tour: Bangkok Evening Experience with Thai Dinner by Chao Phraya River
Start the evening with a BTS or tuk tuk ride to the central pier and continue on the long-tail boat, sailing up Chao Phraya River in a slow pace to Wat Arun. See all the buildings and temples getting lit up and see passing river cruises with lots of lights. Disembark at Wat Arun pier, spending time there before crossing the ferry to a local pier. Walk through the market down to Riva Arun to enjoy a chilling cocktail. Enjoy dinner at Supanniga Tha Tien Restaurant on the banks of the Chao Phraya River. With the majestic Wat Arun glittering in the distance, enjoy a delicious, traditional Thai meal. Following dinner, take a stroll to the temple grounds of Wat Pho to soak up the beauty of its glittering chedi at night: an incredible photo opportunity.
Please note: the Reclining Buddha is not open at night.
Then hop on a tuk tuk through the city’s historic quarter for a visit to Pak Klong Talad. One of the country’s largest fresh markets, the site is busy 24-hours a day with wholesale vendors and local shoppers. Explore the stalls where orchids, flowers, vegetables and other items spill over the crowded stalls.
This unforgettable evening tour ends around 9:30pm. For night owls, there is an option to explore the city’s nightlife or additional evening markets.
- Hotel drop-off by private vehicle
- Professional English Speaking Guide
- Thai Set Dinner
- Transport by public transport (taxi, tuk tuk, BTS, and boat)
- Alcoholic beverages
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Dress code is smart casual. Shorts and flip-flops are not permitted in the restaurant
- One glass of cocktail included at Riva Arun.
- Please Note: Surcharges apply for pickup and/or drop-off from hotels at/near Suvarnabhumi and Don Muang airports
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Reclining Buddha at Wat Pho is not open at night.
- Riva Arun has no elevator, so need to walk the stairs to the rooftop, alternative sky bar can be used in case needed at Sala Rattanakosin
- The table will be pre-booked outside, but if raining, it will be assigned inside.
- Traffic can be bad during rush hour 17.00-20.00 hrs, so this tour is not recommended for clients staying at hotels in the Sukhumvit area
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
We had such a wonderful time on this evening tour. Our guide, Boe, called the hotel and left us a message early in the day to confirm exactly what time he'd meet us in the lobby. Once we met up, Boe asked us what we were hoping most to get our of the tour so that he could custom-tailor stops a bit for us. We learned so much about the history of Bangkok, and were able to enjoy a Tuk Tuk ride, dinner with a reserved table right by the water, which Boe ordered for us in order to get the most authentic dining experience, and we went to see the great reclining Buddha that was on our bucket list. Later Boe took us to wander around the busy shopping district and popping night life, which was so much fun. We had some time to browse souvenirs at the stereet vendors and he even offered to let us go elsewhere and keep shopping after that although we were tired from jetlag and ready to call it an evening. Over all the experience was just wonderful and I can't recommend it highly enough. Boe was an amazing tour guide and so thoughtful and helpful to make the evening exactly what we wanted it to be. If you've been looking at other versions of this night tour, go with this one, you won't regret it!
The guide was excellent and we thoroughly enjoyed our dinner by the river and the walking tour of the night flower and vegetable markets.
This tour was amazing!
Whilst the evening went well and the meal was in pleasant surroundings, I was quite shocked at finding my credit card charged at US228.96 for this outing, over 3x the advertised price...and in the low ,HOT, season too! No wonder when we had a guide AND a driver! I think you need to give limit options on the hidden cost of the meal, especially when the wine is extra too. I could not fault the guide, driver or the restaurant, they did a good job and presented well, but either the local provider company is misrepresenting the cost of of what they provide to you or you are misrepresenting the real cost on the web site.
another super evening food was super and the guide took us around Bangkok ,it certainly was a experience.