Private Tour: Bangkok's Grand Palace Complex and Wat Phra Kaew
The main centerpiece of the complex however is the 45 centimeter Emerald Buddha. Carved from just one piece of Jade it is the holiest and most revered religious object in Thailand. The Emerald Buddha is housed within Wat Phra Kaew, which is a very ornately decorated building whose roof tiles reach up into the sky.
The tour concludes at Gems Gallery and a return shuttle can be provided by the Gallery to selected hotels.
- Transport by private vehicle
- Private tour
- Hotel pickup (selected hotels only)
- Local guide
- Entry/Admission - Temple of the Emerald Buddha (Wat Phra Kaew)
- Entry/Admission - The Grand Palace
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Dress Code: There is a strict dress code for visiting the Grand Palace. The Temple of the Emerald Buddha is Thailand's most sacred site. Visitors must be properly dressed before being allowed entry to the temple. Men must wear long pants and shirts with sleeves - no sleeveless tops. If you're wearing sandals or flip-flops you must wear socks (in other words, no bare feet.) Women must be similarly modestly dressed. No see-through clothes, bare shoulders, etc. It is also recommended to avoid bright colors
- Restroom facilities available
- You must provide your hotel details at time of booking, failure to do so may result in cancellation
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
Excellent excursion. Pick up on time . Guide very good and with humour. Very interesting site. Temples on the way very good. The buses in Thailand need to be renewed. Lunch on the cruise food was average but cruise interesting as the view from the river was a must see.
THe private tour was just fine,,, The only problem was booking it through VIATOR they failed to inform the tour company about my reservation and sent me my notices a day after each of my tours... I would not use VIATOR to book your tours!!!
The tour of the Grand Palace and Wat Phra was absolutely amazing. Our guide was knowledgeable and accommodating. A must do tour.
Tour Guide was wonderful, informative and very helpful. Unfortunately my sister and I went with my mother who travels with a wheelchair and there are too many places that weren't wheelchair friendly with proper ramps so it was a workout.
The Grand Palace is every crowded- but it is a national site. Our guide was so knowledgeable with the sites and Thailand history and culture. She was very patient while we took pictures. We had some time so she took us to the gem gallery. Just to see the amazing artwork at the temple is worth the tour!,
This was a terrible tour that you could easily do on your own. Just take a taxi to the site it is one site and get your tickets - it will cost you less. The tour includes travel time - so for our hotel Intercontinental it was 40 minutes each way. The actual tour itself took less than one hour though VIATOR explained that it is a 90 minute tour. Our guide basically got our tickets, spoke to us briefly his accent was so bad we could not understand anything anyway and we were left on our own watching other people with real tour guides getting explanations that were understandable. For those of you who did not know, the king died and for one year he is being exposed - which means that the palace part of the tour was closed I believe they cremated him or will be doing so in October. The tour company never advised us of this. As with the other tours we did in Asia, they will try to bring you to a jewelry place in order to eat up some of the time that this tour is supposed to take we declined. Lastly - the part that ticked us off the most - our tour guide decided to start arguing with the police and it started to escalate - all because he felt that they weren't smiling enough when they checked his back for weapons. Really? We actually almost left him there to take a taxi the hell out of there. Overall - VIATOR was a waste. We complained when we were literally on the ride back to the hotel and they did nothing to resolve. Really do not waste your money. This is really the tour you can do on your own.