Private Tour: Temples Tour of Bangkok
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: MAM Holidays Thailand, Wang Thonglang, Bangkok 10310 Thailand
Your English Speaking guide will meet you at your Bangkok City hotel at 9 am and start the tour with the visit to Wat Trimitr.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Temple of the Golden Buddha (Wat Traimit), 661 Chaoren Krung Road Talad Noi, Samphanthawong, Bangkok 10100 Thailand
See the renowned Golden Buddha that stands at 10 feet (3m) high and weighs 5.5 ton. The image was built with pure gold with the fine art of Sukhothai period around 13th century. It was recorded as the world largest Buddha image made of gold by Guinness World Book of Record.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Pak Khlong Talat (Flower Market), Jakkrapet Road, Bangkok 10200 Thailand
Continue further with a drive to Rattakosin Island passing through China Town and flower market. It is amazing to see a bustling, but colorful life style of the locals.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Temple of Dawn (Wat Arun), 34 Wang Doem Road Wat Arun, Bang Kok Yai, Bangkok 10600 Thailand
Upon arrival at Tha Tien pier, take an exhilarating boat ride across the Chao Phraya River to Wat Arun, known as the Temple of Dawn. With its magnificent 259 feet (79m) high pagoda-style monument, situated just beside the Chao Phraya River, Wat Arun serves as one of the most outstanding landmarks in Bangkok with spectacular view from the surrounding.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Temple of the Reclining Buddha (Wat Pho), 2 Sanamchai Road. Prabarom Maharajawang, Pranakorn, Bangkok 10200 Thailand
Cross back to the other side of the river, take a short stroll passing through the market and street to Wat Pho, well-known for its huge Reclining Buddha, measuring an impressive 150 feet (46m) long and 49 feet (15m) high. Founded in 1781 by King Rama I of Chakri Dynasty, Wat Pho was the first university of Thailand that taught wide range of knowledge ranging from astrology, literature and medicine. It is also a temple museum that contains many hard-to-be found artifacts and inscriptions.
Finally, it’s time to return. You will be dropped off at your Bangkok City hotel safely at approximately 2pm.
Duration: 1 hour
- Boat ride crossing the Chao Phraya River
- English speaking guide at the time of sightseeing
- Transport by air-conditioned private car
- Hotel pickup and drop-off at Bangkok City area
- Airbnb do not provide House name or number, we’re unable to pickup guests from Airbnb lodging.
- Entry/Admission - MAM Holidays Thailand
- Entry/Admission - Temple of the Golden Buddha (Wat Traimit)
- Entry/Admission - Pak Khlong Talat (Flower Market)
- Entry/Admission - Temple of Dawn (Wat Arun)
- Entry/Admission - Temple of the Reclining Buddha (Wat Pho)
- Food and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- A maximum of 9 people per booking
- The Temples of Thailand are sacred sites. Visitors must be properly dressed before being allowed entry to the temple. Men must wear long pants and shirts with sleeves (no tank tops. If you're wearing sandals or flip-flops you must wear socks (in other words, no bare feet.) Women must be similarly modestly dressed. No see-through clothes or bare shoulders.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
Very friendly and knowledgable quite who went above and beyond
This tour was perfect. My tour guide, Aey, made it super enjoyable and was knowledgeable about everything she showed me. I was in Bangkok for a short amount of time, and alone. This private tour was perfect for my circumstances; would recommended for small groups or couples too!
We were picked up on time in a clean and well driven car. Our guide Aei was extremely informative, friendly and courteous. We were not rushed and allowed to go at our own pace. We recommend this tour.
First time to Bangkok. We weren't sure where to start with tours, but this one was faboulous.! Our tour guide Miss Banjamat Lacharoche was Very knolagable and gave us great insight and history. I recommend private tours over group ones, private car and u can ask all the Q's u want without feeling silly.
Since I traveled just days before the memorial ceremony for the King, this tour 1/2 day tour was customized for me to work around the traffic and site closures. The substitutions were good, plus my preferred requests were met. My only complaint was that we made an unscheduled stop at a jewelry mart which was a complete waste of 30 precious minutes since I was in Bangkok only a day and a half. I didn't want to complain because it was the guides first job with the tour company. Nonetheless, I would use them again and set the boundaries on the shopping stops.