Small Group Grand Palace and Emerald Buddha Temple Tour
The palace complex features a number of impressive buildings, including the Temple of the Emerald Buddha (Wat Phra Kaew), which contains the striking and much-revered Emerald Buddha dating back to the 14th century. Then there are the royal reception halls: take a look inside the European-style Grand Palace Hall, marvel at the fine architectural detail of Dusit Hall, and explore a museum of numerous Buddha images while charting the restoration of the complex.
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Temple of the Emerald Buddha (Wat Phra Kaew)
- Entry/Admission - The Grand Palace
- Food and drinks
- Surcharge: Pickup & Drop off for The Hotel out of Service Area. (THB 100.-/Pax for guest below 4 Pax), In case we can not to service you with Surcharge, We will provide you for our meeting point for you with the best convenient to get there.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- camera may not used inside the buildings.
- Please let us know your hotel name during your booking process. We will confirm you the pick-up time by email.
- Pick up at hotels located outside our service area will be charge extra. (To be advised)
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
On my last day in Bangkok I was excited to participate on this tour of the renowned Grand Palace. Unfortunately, the experience left much to be desired. On the plus side the tour is convenient in that it provides hotel pick-up and drop-off we had 1.5 hours inside the Grand Palace to both roam on our own and to have our guide Oye sp? explain the sights and the small van was comfortable for our group of 9 who were on the tour. The major issue I have are that the majority of the 4 hour tour time was spent in the van traveling around picking up guests, driving to a meeting point to swap guests, driving back and forth to the Grand Palace, and being dropped for an excessive amount of time at a souvenir shop. The hotel pick-up was 20 minutes late where I cooled my heels in the lobby. Our guide facilitated getting tickets at the Palace and navigating us through the proper entry line for non-Thai visitors. She also provided some nice explanations for portions of the tour. We were given about 40 minutes to tour the Temple of the Emerald Buddha on our own and to peruse the other temple buildings around it. I like the idea of having some unstructured time to be on your own, however I felt the guide should have ensured each of us had a Palace map in the proper language to get around and understand what we were looking at. The Grand Palace and the Emerald Buddha temple are phenomenal and should not be missed on your touring of Bangkok. I felt this tour could have been much better coordinated and conducted to provide a higher degree of customer satisfaction.
Grand Palace is quite popular and very crowded... but it is still a must see and it was very convenient to go with this tour group with the knowledgeable guide. Very convenient being picked up and dropped off at my hotel.