Royal Grand Palace, Wat Phra Kaew and Emerald Buddha in Bangkok - Half Day Tour
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Temple of the Reclining Buddha (Wat Pho), 2 Sanamchai Road. Prabarom Maharajawang, Pranakorn, Bangkok 10200 Thailand
Near the Royal Palace is the Wat Pho, a temple where you can see the largest reclining Buddha in Thailand as well as Thailand's oldest Thai massage school.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Temple of the Emerald Buddha (Wat Phra Kaew), Na Phra Lan Road Phra Borom Maha Rajawang, Phra Nakhon, Bangkok 10200 Thailand
Inside the Royal Palace is Wat Phra Kaew where you can admire the splendid Emerald Buddha.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: The Grand Palace, Na Phra Lan Rd, Maharaj Pier next to Wat Phra Kaeo Temple Complex, Bangkok Thailand
We will visit the majestic Grand Palace of Bangkok with its gardens and beautiful rooms...
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Chinatown - Bangkok, Yaowarat Road Samphanthawong, Samphanthawong, Bangkok 10100 Thailand
To reach the area of the Royal Palace we will cross the characteristic district of China Town of Bangkok.
Pass By: Temple of Dawn (Wat Arun), 34 Wang Doem Road Wat Arun, Bang Kok Yai, Bangkok 10600 Thailand
Not far from the Royal Palace, on the other bank of the Chao Phraya River is the beautiful Wat Arun.
- Professional local guide and driver
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Entry/Admission - Temple of the Emerald Buddha (Wat Phra Kaew)
- Entry/Admission - The Grand Palace
- Food and drinks
- Entry/Admission - Temple of the Reclining Buddha (Wat Pho)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
The Grand Palace is absolutely amazing to see it is high on my list of most beautiful places in the world. The tour guide had proficient English skills and could hold a conversation and answer questions. He was super helpful throughout the tour. There was nobody else on the tour, so this was actually a private tour for us. My only complaint about the tour itself was that we didn't get enough time in the complex to see everything as much as we wanted to. The guide gave us 15 minutes after showing us the buildings to go see everything up close by ourselves. I think 45 minutes would have been much better. I was not super thrilled with the tour company themselves. They sent me 5 emails in the 2 weeks leading up to the tour to confirm a meeting point and emphasize we must be there promptly at 7:30am they couldn't pick us up from our guest house because they couldn't find the address.... So that morning we are rushing to get ready and be at the meeting point on time. We get there a few minutes early and wait. A few minutes after 7:30am, I check my email and at 9:30pm the night before they had sent another email saying we didn't need to meet until 8am and that is when they would pick us up. I know in the grand scheme of things 30 min is not a big deal-- it was just aggravating for them to do that because on international data usage, you can only check email very occasionally, plus they sent it such short notice. Regardless, the tour itself was well worth it.