Early Picasso Museum & Gothic Quarter Tour with Breakfast at Palau de la Musica Catalana
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Gothic Quarter (Barri Gotic), Mediterranean Seafront to Ronda de Sant Pere, Ciutat Vella, 08002 Barcelona Spain
The name of Barcelona comes from the Latin language, specifically from Barcino. This was the name the romans gave to their foundation. Some remains of this primitive settlement are still visible at the Gothic Quarter, where we will take you to discover more things about the history of the city through its medieval cobbled and tortuous streets. You will learn more things about some of the most important places in the city, like les Rambles and the Cathedral.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Museu Picasso, Carrer Montcada, 15-23, 08003 Barcelona Spain
This is the only museum that has been created whilst the painter was still alive, and it’s an interesting place to appreciate the beginning of his career. During the guided tour you will understand Picasso’s artistic evolution, always in parallel to his biography.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Palau de la Musica Catalana, Carrer Palau de la Musica, 4-6, 08003 Barcelona Spain
Palau de la Musica is one of the most important buildings in Barcelona built in modernist style by the renowed architect Lluís Domenech i Montaner.
Duration: 30 minutes
- Bilingual guide
- Radio guide system.
- Guided walking tour of the Gothic quarter.
- Guided walking tour in Born quarter.
- Guided tour outside of Palau de la Música Catalana.(Included until 31st March 2020)
- Optional: Local breakfast in Palau de la Música Catalana
- Entrance fee and guided tour in the Picasso Museum
- Entry/Admission - Museu Picasso
- Entrance to Barcelona Cathedral and to the basilica of Santa Maria del Mar.
- Entrance to Palau de la Música Catalana.
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Palau de la Musica Catalana
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please be aware that some walking is included in this tour, please be ready and we recommend wear comfortable clothes and shoes.
- Not recommended for children under 3 years, as it is a walking tour of more than 2 hours.
- This is a bilingual tour, however if it is possible the tour could be monolingual. Please at time of booking select your preferred language guide.
- Infant seats available
- It is recommended not to carry backpacks. If you take them you must leave them at the box office to access the museum.
- For your comfort, a radio guide system is offered during the tour, in groups of more than 5 people.
- Most travelers can participate
- Failure to show up at the established check-in time may entail losing the tour.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
Guide made this side trip excellent. Very knowledgeable, friendly, and patient. Gave him $10 euro tip. That says it all. Embarrassed his name escapes me. Jet lag and all. Could have skipped the breakfast but guide joined us with coffee and provided good info and directions around Barcelona.
The tour guide was excellent. She took her time and shared great information. I did not know a lot about Picasso and she helped us see things from the artist perspective. The walking tour was informative and that part of the city is older and beautiful. I could have wondered around there all day. However, the breakfast was not worth it. Do not do the breakfast part. The guide did all she could but the restaurant at the concert hall was horrible. They seemed put out by having to serve us. They told the guide they were busy and could not help her now. At one point they just walked off while she was talking. They did bring us coffee/water and we had a small sandwich. Guide and tour was great! Unless they have a different restaurant I would pass.