Barcelona Shore Excursion: Private Montserrat and Cava Trail Day Trip from Barcelona
In the afternoon, leave Montserrat to visit one of the most famous cava producers of the Penedes region, Freixenet (cava is a Spanish sparkling wine). Visit their vast wine cellars, sample the product and learn why this sparkling wine has acquired international fame.
See the Itinerary section below for more details about the shore excursion.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to the Barcelona port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
- Professional guide
- Wine tasting
- Private tour
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Worry-Free Shore Excursion Guarantee
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Montserrat cable car (approx. 8 euros)
- Montserrat Museum entrance fee
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not recommended for child aged 4 and under
- There will be time off the bus at your leisure, so please bring suitable clothing, footwear, and sun protection. Temperatures at high altitudes will be much lower than in the city, so although it may be warm in Barcelona, it will be much cooler in the mountains.
- At time of booking, cruise ship passengers must provide the following details under Special Requirements: Ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- During July and August it will not be possible to hear the boys choir sing
- May be operated by an English guide
Loved the tour. Our tour guide was great she accommodated all our requests.
Our guide was a super-great driver and that was necessary on that little curvy road that climbed way up onto that mountain. Montserrat was an outstanding experience as was the museum. We were sorry we did not have more time there because there was so much to do and see. Our trip to the winery was also great. The young lady there did a fantastic job of explaining everything about their making of the wine and the samples she provided to us were excellent.