Barcelona Tour: Gothic Quarter, Olympic Village, and Montjuic Cable Car Ride
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Gothic Quarter (Barri Gotic), Mediterranean Seafront to Ronda de Sant Pere, Ciutat Vella, 08002 Barcelona Spain
The first part of the visit consists in a guided walking tour through the small and narrow streets of the Gothic Quarter, the oldest part of the city. During this early visit we will see Las Ramblas, the Cathedral Square, The Cathedral, the Old Jewish Quarter, among other interesting places.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Barcelona Cathedral, Pla de la Seu, S/N, 08002 Barcelona Spain
Free time to visit the Cathedral by yourself.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Passeig de Gracia, Barcelona Spain
Later we will take our bus to start with a panoramic tour around the rest of the city. We will pass through the elegant Passeig de Gràcia Street, where there are located two of the most important Gaudi’s buildings (Casa Batlló and Casa Milà “la Pedrera”), the Triumph Arc, the Olympic Village and the Olympic Port.
Stop At: Teleferic de Montjuic, Av. Miramar, 30, 08038 Barcelona Spain
For the next part of the visit we will access to the Montjuic Mountain. This is an important place because was the main scenery of the Olympic Games in the 1992. We will see the Olympic stadium from the bus and later we will have the opportunity to enjoy the panoramic views of the city riding the aerial tramway (subject to the weather conditions).
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Montjuic Castle, Carretera de Montjuic, 66, 08038 Barcelona Spain
For the next part we will visit the Montjuïc Castle. Its origins date back to 1640, being the oldest fortress in the city. During the centuries has been a watcher tower, dungeon, execution center and, above all, an ideal viewpoint to know what’s going on from a bird’s eye-view. Today, it is an incomparable landscape to enjoy a 360º panoramic picture of Barcelona and being part of the numerous social, civil and cultural events taking place here. Take a trip to Barcelona's hectic past and enjoy the most privileged views of the city.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Poble Espanyol, Av Francesc Ferrer i Guardia, 13, 08038 Barcelona Spain
Those who have chosen the tour option of Highlights with entrance to Poble Espanyol will get off the bus at this point to enjoy the visit and the lunch, in the case of having it included in the option of the tour.
The people who have chosen the option without Poble Espanyol entrance, will continue the route in the bus back to the city center passing through Espanya square, where we will admire the magical fountains, the twin venetian towers, the MNAC and the Shopping center Las Arenas, build in an old bullring. We will arrive to Catalunya square, and we will end up the tour in front of Hard Rock Café, just five minutes walking distance from Julià Travel office.
Duration: 1 hour
- Transport to the monuments.
- Bilingual guide
- Radio guide system.
- Montjuïc cable car ride.
- Lunch Menu in Restaurant La Font de Prades (If option selected)
- Montjuïc Castle entrance fee.
- Entrance fee to The Cathedral.
- Poble Espanyol Entrance Fee (If option selected)
- Entry/Admission - Barcelona Cathedral
- Entry/Admission - Teleferic de Montjuic
- Entry/Admission - Montjuic Castle
- Entry/Admission - Poble Espanyol
- Lunch or other services not specified above.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport from Poble Espanyol to city center.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please, be aware that the tour includes 3 hours of Walking Tours, we kindly advise you to use comfortable clothes and shoes and be ready for some walking.
- Infant travel free provided they do not occupy a seat
- Note: from the end of January to the beginning of March (dates to be confirmed) the cable car doesn't work due to revision tasks, this service will be replaced by an appetizer at the Montjuïc Castle.
- Please note that the itinerary is subject to change due to the events to be celebrated in the City (demonstrations, sport events, cultural events, official acts and public works).
- Please remember to request a change in the usual menu due to food intolerances or other reason when making your reservation and wait for the answer. If you do not notify us in advance, the company is not responsible for not being able to serve you an alternative menu.
- The visit in Poble Espanyol is on your own (not guided). Please note that transportation back to the city center is not provided.
- For your comfort, a radio guide system is offered during the tour, in groups of more than 5 people.
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- Failure to show up at the established check-in time may entail losing the tour.
- The duration of the tour includes the round trip to the destination.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
Everyone should take this tour
This was our second trip to Barcelona, but we learned so much more. A great overview of the city and our guide was full of interesting information.
Fantastic tour with heaps of information and a friendly and knowledgeable guide.
Great experience! Our tour guide was awesome, I loved the Spanish village and Gothic quarter. The views were amazing, however I wish the cable car rides that provide a view of the city were longer.
The cable car was my favorite part of this tour. It had beautiful views of the city below! The Village was fun to see, but I was wanting more shops to be open.
The ride to the beach and our guide's pointing out the various architectures was cool. The Cable car ride and the view from there was very nice and the Olympic village was worth seeing. Then went to the Spanish Village which was basically like Epcot with all imitation facades.Then went to the Gothic Village which we had already seen in our travels. Seemed like at that point they were just trying to fill up the 4 hours.