Barcelona Combo Tour: Montserrat Day Trip and Barcelona Gaudi Tour
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Abadia de Montserrat, Carretera BP-1121 S/N, 08199 Montserrat Spain
During the first part of the tour you will enjoy an introduction to the history of the monastery.
The importance of this mountain is due to the legend of the miraculous appearance of the Madonna and Child in one of the caves. This cave received the name Santa Cova (The Saint Cave). To this day the wood carving of the Madonna and Child are kept in the Church of the monastery and it is possible to visit it. This image of the Madonna is popularly known as La Moreneta (The Black Madonna) for its dark color. The color is the result of a reaction caused by varnish. La Moreneta´s holiday is on April 27th.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Montserrat Museum, Montserrat Spain
Once the guided tour has ended, you will have free time to enjoy de fabulous land scape by yourself, to visit the local food market, to visit de audiovisual exhibition and to taste some typical liqueurs.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Basilica of the Sagrada Familia, Carrer de Mallorca, 401, 08013 Barcelona Spain
The first part of this afternoon tour will start with a walking tour around the exterior of la Sagrada Familia, where we will discover its history and the symbolism hidden behind its ornamentation.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Parc Guell, Carrer d'Olot, 5, 08024 Barcelona Spain
Back to the bus, we will access to the upper part of Barcelona, where Park Güell is located with an incredible panoramic views of the city. The Park is one of the most emblematic works of Gaudí because he displayed all his creative talent with a naturalistic and organic style. The park has been declared World Heritage Site by the UNESCO.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Passeig de Gracia, Barcelona Spain
We will finish de tour with a nice walk through one of the most important streets in Barcelona, Passeig de Gràcia, where apart from prestigious brand shops we can fins some buildings in modernist style, among them Casa Milà “La Pedrera” and Casa Batlló. The tour will end up in front la Casa Batlló, only ten minutes walking distance from Catalunya Square.
Duration: 30 minutes
- Local bilingual guide
- Radio guide system
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Guided walking tour outside of the Sagrada Familia
- Guided walking tour of Passeig de Gràcia (Casa Milà “La Pedrera” and Casa Batll
- Guided walking tour of Park Güell with admission tickets.
- Taste of 4 typical liquors and entrance to the audio visual “Espai Audio visual Montserrat”.
- Entry/Admission - Abadia de Montserrat
- Entry/Admission - Montserrat Museum
- Entry/Admission - Parc Guell
- Sagrada Familia, Casa Milà “La Pedrera” and Casa Batlló admission tickets.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Entry/Admission - Basilica of the Sagrada Familia
- Entry/Admission - Passeig de Gracia
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- There is approximately 35 min between both parts of the excursions, during this time you will be able to get lunch (not included) in the city center of Barcelona.
- Note that the children's choir performance is subjected to the school calendar and special events of the choir and monastery.
- Please be aware that some walking is included during this tour, please come prepared and we recommend wearing comfortable clothes and shoes.
- Correct dress code is requested to enter the Basilica at Montserrat. It is not permitted to enter with tank tops, strapless shirts, short shorts or sandals.
- At Montserrat there is a mountains climate, depending on the season you will need clothes protecting you from the rain and/or cold.
- For your comfort, a radio guide system is offered during the tour, in groups of more than 5 people.
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- Failure to show up at the established check-in time may entail losing the tour.
- The duration of the tour includes the round trip to the destination.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
The drive approaching and up the mountain to Montesarrat in itself was worth the investment. Options at the top suited every traveler's desires. For those seeking geological phenomena, historical awareness, spiritual connection, thrill rides (by gondola or mountain (sharp!) incline, hiking on paved trails, or perfect photo opportunities, this tour cannot disappoint! Our time in Barcelona was limited, so the half day tour worked well, but on a second visit, we would spend a full day at Montserrat. The Gaudi tour was the best of our two week European whirl! Wish I knew the Julia tours male guide's name, but can say his vast knowledge, quick wit, storytelling prowess, and warm manner maximized our exposure to the quirky talented artist/architect. Julia agency folks devoted extensive energy toward helping us figure out transportation to our distant hotel. Pleasant, eager to help, and devoted to customer satisfaction.
Both trips were amazing. Enthusiastic en passionate guides. Especially the Gaudí tour, little details and amazing stories about the buildings and architect.
I had an awesome time the black Madonna was georgeous. The scenery and the guide was awesome. I had a great time. Wear comfortable shoes and the people is all so friendly. I will probably do this trip again. Book early
Enjoy tour. An excellent tour guide, who was a lot of knowledge
This tour was amazing!
A long day, but a great trip. The trip to Montserrat was beautiful and very interesting. Loved the Gaudi tour of Barcelona. Would love to do again!
Great experience! these tours were absolutely exceptional. Tour guides and very nice, knowledgeable and helpful. Bus rides are clean and enjoyable. And of course the sights are ridiculously cool! Highly recommended!
Not to miss. We had not heard of this but had a milennial tell us it was worth the trip. So right. I would actually go again.