Horseback Riding Tour in Natural Park from Barcelona
When you reach the stables, your guide will give you a quick safety briefing and show you how to put on your riding hat, before helping you into the saddle for a practice session around the riding arena and show you basic command such as walk and halt for approximately 30 minutes. Every effort will be made to ensure that you’re well matched to your horse, with novice riders given the gentlest ones.
Setting off at a leisurely pace, follow your guide on horseback along secluded roads to this incredible park. Here, you’ll ride through the Catalan countryside typified by leafy forests, lush pine groves and rolling hills. Your guide’s expert knowledge of the local terrain means that you’ll be taken on the best trails to suit your ability.
While this riding tour is aimed at novice- to intermediate-level riders, should you be more advanced, your guide will give you the opportunity to trot or canter through this gorgeous countryside. After roughly 1.5 hours of riding, return to the stables and help the groom unsaddle, shower or feed your horse.
Before returning to Barcelona, sit down and relax with the rest of your group to enjoy a light lunch of bread, Spanish omelet and cheeses, while sharing tales of your unforgettable horseback adventure in Spain.
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Light lunch
- Professional guide
- Souvenir picture
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option is selected please inform of desired address in Special requierements)
- Scenic, leisurely, guided 2 hour tour on horseback through various charming trails.
- Light lunch of Catalan and Spanish products is included.
- Protection helmet for all attendees and the horse equipment are included
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (Optional service)
- Rider pants, boots or other extra equipment.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please enter your age and previous horse riding experience in the 'special requirements' box at the time of booking so that appropriate reservations can be made
- Maximum weight for horse riding is 187 pounds (85 kg)
- Suitable clothing required: long trousers, leggings or jodhpurs, and closed-toe shoes with non-slip soles
- Minimum age is 8 years
- Please inform about any illness, previous injury or disability that may affect your riding ability in the 'special requirements' box at the time of booking
- Pregnant women are not included in our horse riding tours.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No previous riding experience necessary. Activity suitable for all riders from beginners to experienced.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 7 travelers
Terrific tour. One of the highlights of our entire journey. Great to get out and do an activity as well as see Barcelona from a beautiful vantage point.
We had such an beautiful day riding in the hills of Barcelona. The instructors were thorough and made sure we were matched with horses that matched our horse riding skills. It would have been good if we'd been able to have a canter or a trot as the time spent on horseback was at walking pace but it did give you a chance to enjoy the magnificent scenery. Highly recommend this tour and especially the lovely lunch we ate after the ride.
This was an absolute highlight for my trip! I cannot say enough kind words about Laia and Alex! Laia was the most kind and informed tour guide I have had during my time in Barcelona. Laia went out of her way to make sure I was comfortable and went above and beyond pointing our important sights during our drive to the horse stables. Alex, the equestrian trainer, made me feel safe and comfortable before ever leaving the stables. Alex is such an amazing trainer making this tour perfect for any level rider. Laia, took many pictures during the day and said she will be share them with me over email! During the tour you have amazing views of Barcelona from the sea, city center and mountains. I was also impressed with how fluent Alex and Laia were in English - this was a treat making communication easy throughout the day. All together, the short riding lesson in the arena, tour through the park and delicious Catalan meal made this a must do tour while visiting Barcelona!