Private Montserrat Monastery with Wine and Cava Tasting Day Trip from Barcelona
You’ll also have time to visit the fascinating Museum of Montserrat, with its five collections ranging from Archaeology to the Biblical East to Modern Painting and Sculpture. Or discover the different walking paths on Montserrat. There are routes to suit all tastes and energy levels, from gentle strolls to fairly strenuous treks around the park area. All of the paths allow you to enjoy the unspoiled beauty of this protected natural park. For even more views, take one of the mountain’s two rack railways or the cable car (own expense), or simply savor the vistas from the café.
In the afternoon, leave Montserrat and head to Sant Sadurni d'Anoia, the center of Spain’s cava country. Embark on a cellar tour and a visit to a winery. This will, of course, be accompanied by a tasting so you can find out exactly why cava has acquired such international fame.
This private tour from Barcelona is hosted by a professional guide. Please list any special interests you have (art, architecture, history, culture) at the time of booking to alert your guide, who will then prepare for your private tour.
- Professional guide
- Wine tasting
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Montserrat cable car (approx. 8 euros)
- Montserrat Museum entrance fee (approx. 7 euros)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not recommended for child aged 4 and under
- There will be time off the bus at your leisure, so please bring suitable clothing, footwear, and sun protection. Remember that temperatures at high altitudes will be much lower than in the city, so although it may be warm in Barcelona, please remember that it will be much cooler in the mountains.
- On certain weekends and during July and August it will not be possible to hear the boys choir sing.
- This tour is in English only
My daughter and I thoroughly enjoyed our private tour to Monserrat and the cava winery with our tour guide Feliciano.. It was a great day. We got to see the boys choir sing. It was their last day of performing before they went o. Summer break.
Great tour at the winery, we were stuck tagging along with a huge Slovenian tour group, but that seemed to be more the responsibility of the winery. Still it was memorable trip.
Great trip. Our guide was knowledgeable and friendly. The only shortcoming was that we had to tag along with a huge tour group in the winery, but that was the responsibility of the winery that ran the tour.
David was the best guide. We loved every minute.
We had a wonderful day. Feliciano was a brilliant guide - we were so lucky to have him. His English was fluent and he was extremely knowledgeable. He tailored the day specifically to our needs. We will strongly recommend him to friends visiting the area.
A very nicely guided tour but it would be perfect if the ride be more comfortable.