Montserrat Guided Hiking Experience from Barcelona
Next, hike for a pleasant few hours along the mountainous trails leading up to Sant Jeroni peak. Scale the 4,000-foot (1,200-meter) peak for incredible 360-degree views of the surrounding countryside.
After hiking back down to the monastery your transport will be waiting to take you back to Barcelona. Get dropped off at your hotel in the afternoon to conclude the tour.
- Local taxes
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for child aged 10 and under
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
Our guide, Karlos, was a absolute legend. Unfortunately on the day of our tour the weather took a nasty turn - Rain and dense fog. Even though conditions weren't ideal Karlos did everything he could to make us comfortable and our tour enjoyable. The Monastery itself is fascinating. It is best to get there early to avoid the crowds. Again, Karlos got us there just before any of the big groups arrived so we had plenty of quiet time to appreciate the monastery.
This was money well spent. Pere was an excellent guide, very personable, knowledgeable, and gave us many insights into the culture. He also planned the itinerary precisely so that we were able to see all of the highlights. I loved that he knew the names of the rock formations and that he made sure that we heard the boy's choir. It was a very special trip that I would recommend to anyone.
Our guide was friendly and knowledgeable about the trail. Our total was 9.5 miles, so make sure you know what you're signing up for..... Worth every step for the views along the trail and at the summit!