Montserrat Natural Park Hiking and Monastery with a Local Guide
- Visit Santa Maria de Montserrat Abbey and lear about its history.
- Hike in the multi-peaked famous sawed Montserrat Mountain Natural Park
- Enjoy breathtaking views: from the Pyrenees to the Mediterranean sea.
• Abadia de Montserrat, Carretera BP-1121 S/N, 08199 Montserrat Spain
• Catalan Trails, 08007 Barcelona Spain
• Montana de Montserrat, 08199 Montserrat Spain
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Professional English/Spanish-speaking local guide
- Hiking in Montserrat Natural Park
- Santa Maria de Montserrat Abbey visit
- Hear the boys choir sing the famous Escolania de Montserrat (weekdays, except holidays)
- Bottle of water
- Typical catalan sandwich
- Small-group tour maximum capacity 8 people per tour
- Personal insurance
- Local taxes
- Tips (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please wear hiking / sport shoes and comfortable clothes
- This is a rain or shine tour, please dress appropriately to the weather
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Small Group maximum capacity 8 people per tour
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
Ramon was a fantastic, travelled, easy going and knowledgeable guide. My sincere recommendation if you are looking for a quick getaway in a scenic surroundings away from Barcelona crowds.
If you are interested in history and enjoy hiking this is the perfect day. Our guide , Niko, was very aware of the different hiking abilities and made sure we all had the best experience possible.
This tour was the best part of my trip to Spain. It's a great way to experience some history and nature just outside of Barcelona. Monsterrat Monastery is unique and stunning, especially in the morning. Ramon, our guide, was social and funny and because he's native to the Barcelona region, he enjoyed sharing about his city's culture and history. He's well traveled and has a wealth of knowledge, making him a fantastic guide and he even speaks multiple languages. Because the tour is much smaller and more personal than the tours that usually head up to Montserrat, he's able to adjust the hike paths based on the abilities of the people on the tour. Me and my friend are moderate hikers with experience, so we wanted the best views and highest points possible, which is exactly what we got. We chose a harder hike, but it was the perfect time of day so the views from the mountain changed at every point in the hours we were up there. Even the easier hiking paths though still a good uphill workout had gorgeous views. Having Ramon as our guide we felt safe and we even had some surprise close up wild animal sightings. Pretty cool. More than worth the time and money. I would do this hike a second time if I went back. Ramon has the best tips, if you've never been to Barcelona. It's because of him we ended up going to a great Catalonian dinner in Barcelona the same night of our hike.