Bay of Islands Tall Ship Sailing on 'R. Tucker Thompson' Including BBQ Lunch
Help set the sails, take the helm or just lie back on deck and relax. Hear tales of the ship's exploits from the crew. Enjoy the Devonshire tea freshly baked and brewed in the galley each morning.
At lunchtime the vessel anchors in a secluded bay. Step ashore, take a swim or try swinging from the yardarm. With all this sea air and activity you'll have a hearty appetite - taken care of by a tasty barbecue lunch cooked on board. Return to either Paihia or Russell this afternoon.
If departing from Paihia you will need to take the regular ferry (departs every 20-minutes) to Russel wharf to meet the tall ship R. Tucker Thompson. Note return ferry pass is included..
- Cruise on board the "R. Tucker Thompson" tall ship
- Coffee and/or Tea
- BBQ lunch
- Wet weather gear (if required)
- New Zealand's Goods and Services Tax (GST)
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Please talk to us about any physical disabilities. We try hard to accommodate all travelers!
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 47 travelers
Totally a must do forget the hole in the rock. This is a totally interactive tall ship, from climbing the rigging to being captain. What a beautiful ship it is. All fully supervised. There was only 11 people with us, which turned out to be another bonus. Great for all ages.
Our day sailing on the Tucker was awesome! Crew was fantastic and meal was yummy! The history of the area was presented very well. Truly a beautiful day.
Super trip with lovely crew. A must do.
Our Tall Ship trip was cancelled due to stormy weather. We were disappointed but the seas were way to rough. We received a full reimbursement. Thanks !