Cape Reinga Half-Day Tour Including Scenic Flight
On the ground, hop aboard a minibus for a 2.5-hour guided driving tour through the top of New Zealand that will showcase the beautiful scenery. Wander around the Cape Reinga Lighthouse, where the Tasman Sea meets the Pacific Ocean, and discover the history and myths of this sacred region.
Enjoy fresh oven-baked treats for morning tea, and then have time for a stroll along the beach at Tapotupotu Bay before heading to the Te Paki quicksand stream to sand-surf down the giant dunes.
The return flight to the Bay of Islands takes in more spectacular coastal scenery, including Parengarenga Harbour and Great Exhibition Bay, with pure white silica sand and crystal-clear water that is visible only by air or by sea.
All flights require a MINIMUM of 2 PASSENGERS to confirm, single passengers may need to be waitlisted pending further bookings
- Scenic flights to and from Cape Reinga
- 2.5-hour guided driving tour around top end of New Zealand
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Hotel pickup/drop-off at selected hotels in Paihia
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- All departures are subject to weather conditions
- During the winter months, due to wet weather, the aircraft may not be able to land at Cape Reinga; on these occasions a 2-hour extended scenic flight option over the Cape area will be offered
Brilliant trip, well organised and worth the cost. We were blessed with good weather which meant that the views were magnificent. There was a fun bit at the end which involved us sandboarding down a giant dune before we got back on the plane.
Beautiful views. I'd never flown in such a small aircraft before but it was incredible and I felt safe and secure the entire time. I had a brilliant time
Best way to see this area! Loved this experience! Simply amazing!