Half-Day Bay of Islands Discovery Tour from Paihia
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Paihia Harbour, Paihia, Bay of Islands, Northland Region, North Island
Board the boat at Pier 5 from Paihia Wharf
Stop At: Cape Brett Lighthouse
Visit the iconic Hole in the Rock and when conditions permit, you can even travel through it.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Otehei Bay
Lunch or early dinner at Explore's Otehei Bay during your island stop at Urupukapuka Island.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Lunch - BBQ lunch or early dinner during your stop at Otehei Bay on Urapukapuka Island
- Oct-April: Opportunity to stay longer on the Island and board a later ferry back to the mainland.
- Cruising among the 144 islands with skipper's commentary
- Entry/Admission - Otehei Bay
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A portion of your fare contributes to marine mammal research and conservation
- This trip is suitable for children
- Life jackets will be supplied in the event of an emergency
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 120 travelers
This was a magnificent tour. We went the day after a storm, which was the tail end of Cyclone Gina that devastated Tonga, and so were concerned about the weather and whether we would be able to achieve all that is in the advertised tour. One of the stewardess told me if anyone could get us through the Hole in The Rock it would be our captain Tim, we think from memory. Well he did that very easily from our perspective and it was a great experience. Saw dolphins on the way back and they frolicked in the wake of the boat. Heard lots of interesting stories told with some mirth along the way. Finally a stop off at Russell was offered and accepted
We really enjoyed this tour. The Captain was informative and easy to understand. Unfortunately the water was too rough to get through the hole in the rock, but the Captain got us unbelievably close. The company pledges that if you do not see aquatic mammals they will offer a free voucher for another time. We did not see any and one of the crew began to fill out the vouchers for everyone. At the last minute on the way back we came across a large pod of dolphins including a baby dolphins. Highly recommended!!
Fantastic experience, seeing rarest of birds - albatross in particular
Good value trip ... especially on a sunny day ! Pleasant stop for good lunch on the island. Boat was busy outside and not sufficient seating for all. Unfortunately the sea was too rough for the boat to pass through the hole.