5.5-Hour Bay of Islands Shore Excursion from Waitangi Wharf
You will then move on to Kawakawa. This is a small town which is also known as “train town”.
At 11:45am you will be at the Puketi Forest. This is a 15,000 hectare forest which contains magnificent stands of Kauri and a rich ecological diversity.
The next stop is the Makana Chocolate Factory in Kerikeri. This is a boutique chocolate factory where you can watch the making of chocolates, taste a few samples and of course shop for some delicious treats. You will also be able to visit the Kauri Workshop next door which has crafts and collectables for sale.
You will then visit the famous horse shoe waterfalls, Haruru Falls. These falls are located in a hidden valley on the beautiful and peaceful Waitangi River.
The last stop of the day is the Waitangi look-out Loop. This is a final chance to take in the stunning views over Waitangi and the Bay of Islands, before your transportation back to the wharf or Paihia if you would prefer to have a look around.
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Local taxes
- Bottled water
- Live commentary on board
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Entry/Admission - Waitangi Treaty Grounds
- Entry/Admission - Haruru Falls
- Entry/Admission - Makana Chocolate Boutique
- Entry/Admission - Kawiti Caves
- Entry/Admission - Manginangina Kauri Walk
- Food and Drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- 100% refund will be issued if your ship can't make it into port due to weather conditions.
- Please note that if you are travelling on the Ovation Of The Seas, these tours will be run in larger vehicles to accommodate the demand for bookings.
- If your ship is scheduled to arrive after 9.30am - the tour departure time will automatically adjust to depart 1 hour after your arrival time - you can email to confirm this after booking.
Amber, our guide was excellent, however, the tour was a let down compared to my previous tours of New Zealand.
the tour was great full of everything you like to see in a tour very packed from start to finish friendly tour leader couldnt do enought for you I recommend this tour
Bay of Islands is just beautiful, the highlight being Kawiti Cave to see the glow worms. This was a unique experience which I'll remember for many, many years. Thank you, Matt, for being a great guide!