Forbidden City with Royal Icehouse Dining Experience
Main attractions as below:
• City Wall and East Gate: Walk on the newly opened city wall to overlook the amazing Forbidden City; access to the East Gate to see the exhibition of the building materials of the Forbidden City.
• Wenhua Hall and Wenyuan Pavilion: Former residence of the crown prince and now the porcelain exhibition room; one of the two buildings in the Forbidden City with black roof, dedicated to storing imperial books.
• Three main halls in the outer court: Used by the emperor to work or celebrate important occasions, to treat high ranking officials, or to meet close officials before going to work.
• Ningshou Palace Complex: First built as the living quarter for the abdicated Emperor Qianlong and later taken by Empress Dowager Cixi as a private residence. It is the largest palace complex inside the Forbidden City with a beautiful Nine Dragon Screen, a small but exquisite garden, the largest theatre, as well as some other buildings which are used for exhibiting treasures now.
• Three main halls in the inner palace: They were the living quarters of the Emperor and Empress, as well as for the emperor to handle daily state affairs.
• Cining Palace Complex: It's the residential area of the Empress Dowager and imperial concubines with a beautiful garden. You will access some newly opened houses to see the living and sitting rooms which are opened to tourists for the first time.During this tour, you will have a very unique lunch experience at one of the Ice Houses of the Emperor. It used to be the Ice storage warehouse of the royal family.
After your tour is finished, your guide will send you back to your hotel.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport in a comfort Uber vehicle
- Lunch with soft drinks/beer
- A snuff bottle with your name painted inside
- Skip-the-line ticket
- Mineral water
- Entry/Admission - Forbidden City-The Palace Museum
- Entry/Admission - The Antiquarium of The Palace Museum
- Gratuities (Optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- In order to get your Skip The Line Forbidden City entrance ticket, please provide each traveler’s name and passport number upon booking
- This tour involves quite some walking, please wear comfortable shoes
- Wheelchair and porter service is available to purchase at the entrance
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
We booked this private tour as we have an elderly lady who need more attention touring this Forbidden city. We are extremely glad to have Lily as our guide as she was very accommodating and patiently pacing us thru out the entire tour. Lily took extra care of the elderly in our group and at the same time explaining in details of the history of this large palace. Lunch at the Royal Ice House was a disappointment. food was not unique and service not up to mark. Overall a great experience.
the forbidden city is amazing and I learnt so much with Shanshan. She was an amazing guide! Plenty of time to see everything. Lovely tour. I highly recommend it!!
Helen was an amazing guide. She was extremely knowledgeable about the history of the Forbidden City and made the tour interesting for all of us including the kids. She was very good at making sure we saw all the important buildings. The Forbidden City is HUGE so you cannot possibly see it all in one day but with Helen, we felt we saw quite enough of it to be completely satisfied. Lunch at the Ice House was very good as well with many meal options to choose from. Overall this was a great all day tour that I would recommend for all ages. Our group consisted of 2 adults, 2 kids ages 9 and 12 and 2 grandparents!