Cooking Class on Lake Como
An opportunity not to be missed, an experience that will give you an insight into how the locals really live…
Our cooking course takes place in the lovely fishing hamlet of Mandello del Lario, a characteristic village on the lakeside at family run restaurant , where our chef will teach you how to make homemade pasta, using seasonal, local fresh ingredients.
You will be made to feel at home preparing and then enjoying a home cooked meal and local wine, all accompanied by great company.
The menu changes according to the season. This cooking course will enable you to discover local cooking traditions and tips, ideas and methods which you can take back to try out in your home country and share with your friends and family.
We'll provide all food and drink, all that is required is that you bring enthusiasm and willingness to learn, to meet new people and try to speak some Italian along the way.
Duration: 4 hours
Location: Ristorante e ospitalità diffusa Mamma Ciccia, Piazza Roma, 15, 23826 Mandello del Lario LC, Italy
- Cooking class
- Entry/Admission - Ristorante e ospitalità diffusa Mamma Ciccia
- • Hotel pickup and drop-off (please get in touch for a quotation)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- A maximum of 12 people per booking are allowed
- For those booking further out in areas like Como, Bellagio and Varenna, a transfer service is available upon request and payable as an extra
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
It was fantastic. Everyone was very friendly, professional and knowledgeable. We had to young children 3 and 5 years old. She went out of her way to make this a fun experience for our grand-kids. The class was great and we learned a lot. The lunch following with what we made was also fun.
Sylvia was so fun and generous! Started with a coffee while we waited for the others to arrive at their cafe. Cooking school was set up well! Made pasta, 2 kinds of ravioli and a great sauce and desert. Then got to enjoy the meal we made in their outside cafe seating. A lively day!
Sylvie was a wonderful teacher, very patient and generous. We were in a class of 4 of people and received a lot of attention in terms terms of learning new techniques. The venue was clean, spacious and well appointed with modern Kitchen Aid appliances. The class was very enjoyable - we made two types of pasta, sauces, pesto and tiramisu which we feel confident in being able to replicate at home. We would highly recommend this experience.