Full day tour of Bangalore with guide & hotel pick up & drop
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Lalbagh Botanical Garden, Lalbagh, Bengaluru 560004 India
- Our guide will meet and pick you up from your hotel. We will head to Lalbagh the magnificent botanical garden. The 240 acre Lalbagh Botanical Garden with more than 1,800 species of plants, shrubs and trees serves as the lungs of Bangalore. Built by the legendary Hyder Ali in 1760, Lalbagh Botanical Garden is a prominent landmark of Bangalore and is host to the world famous flower show making it a key destination among places to visit in Bangalore. Lalbagh Botanical Garden is not only a horticulturist’s paradise, but it also provides a respite to people of Bangalore from the ever-spreading concrete jungle.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Bugle Hill, Bull Temple Rd, Basavangudi, Bengaluru 560004 India
The Bull temple of Bangalore is dedicated to Nandi Bull, the vehicle of Lord Shiva. Situated in Basavanagudi, this temple has been built in the Dravidian style of architecture. Kempe Gowda, the founder of Bangalore, got the Bull temple built during his time. This temple counts amongst the oldest temples of the city and draws devotees from all over the country. There is huge idol of Nandi Bull inside the temple, measuring 4.5 m in height and 6.5 m in length. This idol is said to have been carved out of a single rock. The bull also has a small iron plate on its head. As per the tradition, this plate prevents the bull from growing.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Vidhana Soudha and Attara Kacheri, Cubbon Park, Bengaluru India
We visit Vidhan Soudha, one of the most famous buildings and landmarks of Bangalore. It houses the Legislative Chambers of the state government. The three hundred rooms of Vidhan Soudha accommodate approximately twenty-two departments of the state government. The building rises to a height of almost 46 m, making it one of the most imposing structures in the city of Bangalore. Since this is a working government office, we see it from outside.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: ISKCON Bangalore, Sri Sri Lakshmi Narasimha Temple, West of Chord Road Rajaji Nagar, Bengaluru 560010 India
The International Society for Krishna Consciousness (ISKCON was founded in 1966 in New York City by A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada Its core beliefs are based on select traditional Hindu scriptures, particularly the Bhagavad-gītāand the Śrīmad Bhāgavatam. ISKCON was formed to spread the practice of bhakti yoga, in which those involved (bhaktas) dedicate their thoughts and actions towards pleasing the Supreme Lord, Krishna. We will visit the magnificent temple here located on a hill.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Bangalore Palace, Vasanth Nagar, Bengaluru 560052 India
After lunch we visit the Bangalore Palace belonging to the Wodeyar Kings of Mysore. It is a majestic structure built in Tudor Style. The Palace has fortified towers, battlements and turrets. Interiors look regal with elegant wood carvings, floral motifs, and relief paintings. With furniture in Edwardian and Victorian themes, the Bangalore Palace has a striking resemblance to the Windsor Castle of England. The audio tour provides a rich detail of the life and times of the Wodeyar Kings and their relationship with the British Empire.
Duration: 1 hour
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Full time guide
- Privare car
- Hotel pick up and drop
- Entry/Admission - Lalbagh Botanical Garden
- Entry/Admission - Bull Temple
- Entry/Admission - Vidhana Soudha and Attara Kacheri
- Entry/Admission - ISKCON Bangalore, Sri Sri Lakshmi Narasimha Temple
- Entry/Admission - Bangalore Palace
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
The Bangalore culture tour was an incredible experience. Satish took us on a fantastic tour through temples, palaces, gardens and bazaars and we met so many interesting local people along the way. It more like meeting friends rather than a sightseeing tour and we loved it. The temples were so beautiful and Satish helped us understand the rituals and ceremonies happening in the temple which might otherwise looks like mumbojumbo! Satish was patient and gave us a thorough overview of the way of life in these parts of India. We enjoyed the local meals in a traditional restaurant. We visited a splendid Palace and it was a.nice tour taking us back to the days of the Mysore Maharaja and his dealing with the British empire. We also saw some spectacular post independence Indiana buildings like the State Government office and they were remarkable. Since we heard interesting stories about the history behind these buildings they seemed to come alive. The botanical gardens were a refreshing stop. It was surprising to see such a haven for nature right in the middle of all the urban chaos. The history of this garden was interesting as well as it was lovely to see so many people our here breathing in the fresh air and indulging in yoga, meditation and exercises. I never had so much fun on a tour before. I would highly recommend Five Senses Tours for tours in this part of India. I will be back again for sure.