Benidorm Bike Tour
You will be transported uphill by mini bus and then ride downhill all the way. You can cycle as much or as little as you like. The mini bus will always be there for you.
The itinerary begins with pick up at your accommodation in or near to Benidorm around 9.30 am (in winter around 10:00 am). A 60 minute drive to the top of Mt. Aitana is where you'll be fitted with a safety helmet, receive a detailed safety talk, and be allocated a bike.
Next, bike ride about 5 miles to the village of Penaguila. You will stop twice on the way to ensure your comfort. Then have a drink of fresh spring water while the bikes are loaded onto the trailer. Another downhill glide from the highest point of the ride into the village of Alcoleja. Drive up to the restaurant of the Safari Aitana Park for lunch at approx. 12.45 pm. Lunch is not included into the price.
The afternoon ride leads you past the village of Sella where the Bike Ride ends. Head into the local bar for a beverage to celebrate your achievement and receive your certificate as proof that you've ridden 24 miles through the Costa Blanca mountains. Lastly you will be driven back to your accommodation and arrive at about 4.00 pm.
- Bottled water
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Use of bicycle
- Use of helmet
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately. Especially from mid October to mid April we highly recommend to wear long trousers and closed shoes, i.e. trainers.
- If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
Benidorm, birds, booze and sun well yes. However there's another way to get your leg over and guaranteed to last longer, take the down hill mountain ride. I did it early Nov and had a great time. Transported from your hotel to around 3500 ft up in the mountains then cycle downhill through beautiful scenery and spectacular roads. This is a ride for anyone who can ride a bike. No need to be Chris Hoy, just enjoy.
A really well organised and fun day out. The afternoon session was the best part of the day. We had a lovely lunch at the safari park which is all ready for you when you get there. The hosts Tony and Kris are great fun and very informative about the area. We will definetely do it again.
We did the trip with two teenagers of 16 and they enjoyed the trip. The pick up at the hotel was to the point. The evening before I got a handy reminder. Chris and Paul guided the tour and they do that in a very kind and pleasent manner. The tourprogramm is light and the roads are not bumpy so almost everybody can make this trip. We made three nice long downhill rides. Don't forget your sweater. At least in January it was pretty cold on top of the mountain Harold