Cruise and Dinner on Lake Como from Varenna
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Lago di Como, 22100 Italy
Watch the sunset over Lake Como on a 1-hour cruise from Varenna with dinner at a lakeside restaurant. Cruise past quiet bays and elegant villas with the backdrop of the Rhaetian Alps as the captain shares stories about Lake Como, see the first few stars appear above the lake, then return to shore for a four-course dinner and wine.
- Cruise (1 h)
- Dinner - 4-course dinner
- Glass of wine and water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport from the restaurant back to hotel
- Watertaxi transfer back to Bellagio or Tremezzo available as an extra. Contact us
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Varenna is located in the central part of the lake. Please take notice that Como is more than an hour away by car and there are no public boats after dinner that will get you back there. We suggest to book this experience only if your accommodation is in the central part of the lake (Varenna, Bellagio, Menaggio, Tremezzo and surroundings) or along the Eastern branch (between Varenna and Lecco).
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- The cruise will start promptly at 6pm. Please be there 10/15 minutes before.
It was fun, but in my opinion it wasn't worth the money. The boat was really nice to be on, there were three couples on our tour. Two couples from the USA one being us and one couple was from Canada. The driver of the boat, Luca, spoke very fast, it was hard to understand him. We were on the boat for about an hour and he drove from site to site and then would stop and then tell us a little bit about what we were looking at before going to the next place where he would stop. It was informative if you could understand him. He was also texting alot while he was driving and didn't know the answers to many of our questions - basically he just had his speech at each stop memorized, but he wasn't very personable or knowledgeable about other items. Overall it was still nice to be on a boat, but it could have been better. We were then dropped off at dinner. The dinner view was amazing. We sat outside overlooking the water. The restaurant was part of a hotel and was very empty, with no music playing in the background, basically the atmosphere was not that great, but the view was! We were also only given one glass of champagne each, for a three course dinner. We ended up buying a bottle of wine, so that was fine, but I'd budget that into your night as well. The food was okay. The service was great. Overall I'm glad we did this - it was nice to be on the water, on a cute boat, and having dinner outside with a great view. I just don't think it was worth the money. Maybe you could find a private boat tour through someone else and book yourself a nice dinner with a view at a restaurant that has a better atmosphere and better food. I hope this helps.
Very enjoyable. Beautiful sights, good guide, well done. Dinner very good,
Although the weather was not too cooperative, the boat cruise was wonderful, including the driver's sense of humor. There is no question that if people don't visit Lake Como. they are cheating themselves of a beautiful experience and nature's beautiful work. The mountains, the villas, the ambience that you experience are worth going there. We recommend this for sure. The dinner at the Royal Hotel was very tasty, very classy and wonderful location on Lake Como in Varenna. The whole evening was wonderful - we recommend it.
This tour was amazing!! Tour guide had a good sense of humor and was all round lovely!!