Bergen Shore Excursion: Bergen Walking Tour
The tour will take you to Bryggen, a World Heritage Site, the Bergen Fortress area & stroll passed old wooden houses, chimney houses & along cobblestoned streets while hearing of Bergen's past & present. This will help orientate you and show you some of the unique places and sites that you may not otherwise find alone.
On this tour we'll walk at the Wharf, which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and the historical heart of Bergen.
The narrow alleyways will make you feel like stepping back in time to the era when the Hanseatic merchants dominated Bergen's trade, and you'll learn about the stockfish trade, daily life in the Middle ages, and about the Wharf as a secret hide-out during World War II.
From the Wharf it's a short walk to the Bergenhus Fortress, with the royal stone hall and the Rosenkrantz tower.
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
This was a great small group walking tour of Bergen. Our family of four enjoyed a personal tour learning about the city and getting oriented to do our own exploring later that day. That helped us enjoy the entire day.
Savitta our tour guide was so informative. Explained everything we needed to know. Enjoyed the walking tour learnt so much about the history and culture of Norway.