Half day Tour of The Villages of the Dordogne
Then drive to La Roque Gageac and enjoy a peaceful cruise on the the Dordogne River on board an authentic Gabarre to admire mighty castles that line the river.
Finally, reach Beynac to admire the village and the Castle. This Middle Ages construction, with its austere appearance, is perched on top of a limestone cliff, dominating the town and the north bank of the Dordogne River. The castle was built from the 12th century by the barons of Beynac (one of the four baronies of Périgord) to close the valley. The sheer cliff face being sufficient to discourage any assault from that side, the defences were built up on the plateau: double crenellated walls, double moats, one of which was a deepened natural ravine, double barbican.
- Entrance fees
- Bottled water
- Live commentary on board
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Food and drinks other than stated
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- In case of high water or fog, the boat ride will be replaced by the visit of a Castle
Omg i don't even know where to begin our guide (sry cant remember her name!!!) was so incredibly amazing so intelligent and warm and she went so above and beyond. We had such an amazing time and it was just my husband and i. We will cherish this incredible experience, it made our trip!!