Lascaux IV and The Art of the Caves in Sarlat
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Grotte de Rouffignac, 24580 Rouffignac-Saint-Cernin-de-Reilhac France
Discover Rouffignac Cave that possesses original and authentic etchings and drawings
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Musee National de Prehistoire, 1 rue du Musee, 24620 Les Eyzies-de-Tayac-Sireuil France
In 2018, the museum was listed on Time Magazine’s 100 Greatest Places To Visit.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Lascaux II, 24290, Montignac France
Experience Lascaux IV, a complete new replica retracing the discovery of the famous decorated cave.
Duration: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Bottled water
- Live commentary on board
- Professional guide
- Entry/Admission - Grotte de Rouffignac
- Entry/Admission - Musee National de Prehistoire
- Entry/Admission - Lascaux II
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Children under 4 years old are not allowed on the tour
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- It is cold in the caves (13°C / 56°F), warm clothing is strongly recommended
- Infant seats available
- Electric train visit in Rouffignac, comments made in French during time of travel. Guide will introduce cave beforehand and will make commentaries at the bottom of the cave in English
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
Wonderful day. Our guide Florence was extremely knowledgeable and very friendly. We saw the prehistoric Museum first, a very good way to start the day’s tour. The second place we went to was in Rufignac where we were taken down into the caves on a little train. The guide there was passionate and very informative. The last place was Lascaux, the re-creation of the original caves found in the 50’s — so much to absorb, truly amazing. An excellent day. Highly recommended.
Our driver was very friendly and knowledgeable. Museums can be overbearing. Florence pointed out the important info. The guide at Lascaux made the tour very enjoyable. I hadn't expected this tour to include this much. 9 hours is a long time, but the information was tremendous.
Our tour of Lascaux and the caves of Rouffignac was just amazing. We were in a small group of 8 and our driver/guide Marion F. with Orphorus Excursions was professional, knowledgable, and made the experience one we'll never forget. Marion's communication skills were excellent as was the passion and respect she has for the area. Our visit to the National Prehistory Museum before going to the caves gave us the foundation for seeing the prehistoric works of art in perspective. We highly recommend this tour.
We had an amazing day visiting Rouffignac and Lascaux caves with our congenial and very knowledgeable guide, Florence, who spoke fluent English. The caves exceeded our expectations and the countryside was spectacular.
The combination of the Pre-history museum, the 'real' Rouffignac Cave and Lascaux iv was very informative and entertaining. The extra stops like for lunch at Saint Leon sur Vezere were a treat. Our driver/guide, Marianne, was knowledgeable, professional and fun at the same time. She even went the extra mile to arrange our taxi ride from Sarlat back to Bergerac after we learnt that the tour would be returning well after the last train had left. This is the first glowing review I have ever given. I highly recommend this tour and Marianne.
We had Ben ! He was sooo knowledgeable, intelligent, hilarious, engaging and wonderful. You can tell this is his passion and he is so kind and lovely we had such an amazing time, my husband and i and one other couple. It was a fabulous luxury exclusive experience the highlight of our vacation!!