Kreuzberg District Tour: Food, Culture and Street Art
Learn about Berlin cuisine too, hearing tales of the city’s popular dishes and burgeoning street food scene that’s evident on the streets of Kreuzberg. Currywurst is a much-loved street food staple, so head to one of the locals’ favorite places to sample the hearty pork sausage topped with ketchup-like tomato sauce and curry powder.
Continue your stroll through the charming Wrangelkiez area with its little sell-everything shops (called Spätis) and and grocery shops. See where old-Berlin traditions fuse with new influences and discover the quarter's tasty hidden gems, like Berlin's oldest fish shop. Head inside and sample an age-old German snack – a rollmop – of pickled herring rolled around a gherkin.
Kreuzberg is the creative nucleus of Berlin's street art scene. Throughout the food tour we’ll pass by countless murals, tags, and bombings, including some pieces of world-famous artists. Admire Blu's Leviathan or the wicked Animals of ROA, or just discover your own personal favourite among the many anonymous pieces.
Between mosques and record shops, whole food stores and currywurst stands, artists and students, Kreuzeberg is the place to breathe in some real Berlin air!
Your Berlin food tour will help you discover Berlin’s multicultural mix and also give us the chance to surprise you with some incredible Berlin food along the way (from all sorts of cultural backgrounds!). Regardless of the day, you’ll be treated to five unforgettable and original Berlin eating and drinking experiences (right, let’s not forget the German beer stop!).
For those who want to dive into Berlin's nightlife afterwards, you're exactly in the right area! Our guide will have no problem pointing you in the right direction to continue your epic time in Berlin.
- Professional guide
- Food tasting (4 food samples)
- Typical Berlin lemonade
- Drink at the beer hall
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- The tastings mentioned below are just a selection among many great options. The exact itinerary of each tour differs from day to day, depending on opening hours, changing offers and weather conditions. Just rely on us! Our guides are local experts who know the best spots for each day of the week. In every case: come hungry, bring curiosity and a lot of appetite, we care for the rest! Please note that some of this tour's tastings do not fit to the diet preferences of vegetarians and vegans. Whenever possible our guides will try to find good alternatives. If you have any food allergies or other diet preferences, please inform our guides at the beginning of each tour and they will be happy to assist you.
- This is a child-friendly tour. Children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour at the rate listed above. Please select ‘child’ above when booking. Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour free of charge. Please inform us at the time of booking if you’ll be bringing a child under the age of 6. You can do so in the special request box on the checkout page.
Ioana was a wonderful guide, from bringing us to great locations for food, to making sure we were in the shade on this hot day while learning about the wall art. Thank you!
This was a great tour. We were the only ones on the tour so it was very customized to our desires. We cut out some of the history stuff and went straight for the food. This tour helped us discover Kreuzberg as a GREAT part of Berlin. We went back ourselves the next night.
It is a great tour. However, you must be aware that you will not eat for 90-120 minutes into the tour. We were under the assumption that this is a food tour, and that you eat throughout, but eating only happens in the later portion of the tour. It is a great tour, the guide is excellent, but do not come to this tour hungry.
It was very different from anything else I did. I would recommend it if you are a laid back type. The tour hosts were super gracious.