Blue Mountains Day Tour -Wild Kangaroos - Waterfalls - BBQ Lunch - Small Group
This adventure commences early from Sydney with a meet and greet at the pickup point. You then have a bit over an hour to acquaint yourself with the group on the bus ride heading to the outskirts of Sydney.
Once you hit the start of the Blue Mountains there is a quick stop at a local shopping village where you can have a quick toilet/food/drinks stop before heading all the way up to the amazing Three Sisters rock formations. After taking photos of the Three sisters and jaw dropping Jamison Valley we then take you on a bushwalk right up to the three sisters and even onto one of the rock formations.
We then progress further into the mountains to Wentworth Falls where your guide will take the group for a 90 min hike through the bush where you will see local fauna, bird life and see several waterfalls on your hike to the base of the immense Wentworth falls and even have a quick refreshing dip.
All that sightseeing makes people hungry so the group will relocate to a nearby area where we cook an authentic Aussie BBQ with veggies and kangaroo on the side (vegetarian/vegan options).
After lunch we continue the day of fun and head to a local and secluded waterhole where people can go swimming or lay around on the sand in the sun deep within the bush of the Blue Mountains. Then, you head off into the nearby National Park down a long dirt road to say hello to skippy the Kangaroo. This tour has had hundreds of 5 star reviews. We are a small and passionate option!
By now the day is getting on and we head back into Sydney with an approximate arrival time of 6:00pm. We often conclude our day together at the Central Sydney bar.
- All inclusive (no hidden charges)
- Wild Kangaroos and hopefully Kookaburras + Cockatoos
- Aussie BBQ lunch with a taste of kangaroo (Vego & Vegan options)
- Small group tour usually 10 to 20 happy souls :)
- Tim Tams and Vegemite on tour (Please ask if we forget to offer sozz)
- Local guide and knowledge
- Pickup from Kings Cross and Sydney City
- Return transport in a cool and unique Aussie bus called Trudy (unless getting serviced)
- Entry/Admission - Wentworth Falls
- Entry/Admission - The Three Sisters
- Entry/Admission - Echo Point Lookout
- Drinks. Although lunch is supplied drinks are not- water taps at most stops.Bring a bottle #healthy
- Kings Cross Drop Off
- Beers/wines/ciders/soft drinks. Please feel free to bring some or buy at our bottle shop stop.
- We don't offer warm jackets or rain jackets sorry
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- November to March we often have a quick dip in a local swimming spot...though all year round you are welcome to get under the Waterfall (shallow 1m depth) though is cold as in winter #youdoyou
- Minimum age is 17 years and maximum age is 49 years though feel free to email us if outside this. Non Applicable for Private tours
- Designated pickup and drop off at 814 George Street, Haymarket in the city below Wake Up hostel. Courtesy pickup at Kings Cross on request, please email us
- Moderate amount of walking involved with a 90min hike, there is an option to skip the hardest part but this is rare. Waterfall is 187 meters down.
- Wear comfortable walking shoes...hiking shoes are not necessary. We are not a full on hike tour.
- Welcome to bring snacks and drinks on bus. We do have a cooler
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately. It can get really cold, really hot, rain and extremely rarely snow....the Blue Mountains is always a surprise. If it is cool in Sydney it will be very cold in the upper Blue Mountains.
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative date/competitor or full refund.
- Please email us if you are vego or vegan
- Attendence of this tour indicates full agreement with Coast Warriors terms and conditions which is found on our website.
- We also run cool tours to Port Stephens and Jervis Bay. Come join :)
- Any questions or issues please email us, Whatsapp us or Instagram message Coastwarriors
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- LGBT friendly tour...just want normal and happy people that love the world and fellow earthlings
- If you are seeking a tour where they talk most the tour through a microphone please do not book us. There is many other options. We are a balanced tour...a tour that doesnt feel like a tour
- Please do not print off your booking voucher. Just have it on your phone. No point wasting your time and our paper
- In regards to reviews, a vast majority are actually over on TripAdvisor opposed to the very small amount here
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 21 travelers
So glad we booked this tour! We met some awesome people from all over the world and got to see some incredible sights as we did it. I would highly recommend touring the Blue Mountains with the Coast Warriors, as they will take you where you need to go and make sure you have a lot of fun while doing so. The Aussie BBQ was delicious and we got to try some kangaroo steaks. If you're in your 20s, this is the tour for you!
Thanks so much. Would definitely recommend! Amazing people and places. It is a MUST if you are visiting Sydney! Young fun group. Thanks
Good tour to see a little glimpse of the blue mountains. The climb back up was quite steep but nothing a relatively healthy middle aged person cannot do.
Good trip with a really funny guide. We were unlucky with the weather because it was foggy. But we saw the water falls, some part of the montains and wild kangaroos so overall it was great. Also saw a wild snake in the montains which was really cool. I recommend it to young people below 30 years (or if your young in your mind). Thanks for a good trip!
it was the best Viator trip better than all the others
This was an awesome experience! We loved spending the day with the Coast Warriors. The guides are great! Super fun and are the type of people you'd want to hang out with.
Brilliant day out, one of our favourite days in Sydney! Trent and Ade were great guides, took us to all the best spots that you’d only find being with the locals. BBQ lunch was spot on. The swimming spot at the end was idyllic, perfect end to a perfect day. Great value for money!
I was a solo traveler when I booked this tour and was hesitant at first doing it on my own. I was so wrong! This tour did not feel like I was on tour with a bunch of strangers. The guys were great and actually took the time to know you. They know so much about the place you are visiting and took us to various spots where not a lot of tourists go to so that was a bonus. It was a fun hike going down to the falls but be prepared for the hike back up. Lunch was amazing! The bus ride was also filled with good music and even a trivia game. More bonus points towards the end of the tour when we all went down to a local bar and were provided with free drinks and snacks over more travel related conversations. Definitely will go back for this tour!
Incredible! Can't imagine a better way to experience the blue mountains!! The guides were very knowledgeable and always up for a laugh. They made it feel like a day trip with friends rather than an organised tour. Truly had the most amazing time!!!
NICE AND FUN TOUR WITH OTHER YOUNG BACKPACKER. FUN GUIDES, EVEN LUNCH IS INCLUDED. WOULD DEFINITELY RECOMMEND YOU TO TRY THIS TOUR