Alpaca Farm Tour at Apple Hill Farm
Your guided walking tour lasts 45- to 90-minutes and winds through the pastures, old apple orchard and landscaped gardens. You will get to meet alpacas, llamas, guardian donkeys, angora goats, guardian dogs, chickens and Mr. Pickles the mini-pig! The owner's passion is creating an environment where can develop a new and deeper connection with animals and the beautiful mountain they call home. Every animal on the farm and every crop in the garden is grown and maintained with a specific purpose. Everyone has an important role at Apple Hill Farm - you included!
In addition to farm animals, Apple Hill Farm is also home to the largest selection of alpaca products in the High Country of North Carolina. They have over 20 varieties of alpaca yarn as well as gloves, scarves, socks, sweaters, vests, jackets, hats, stuffed animals and more - all created from luxurious alpaca fiber!
- Tour host
- Local sales tax
- Food and beverage
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not easy for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Somewhat wheelchair accessible - if assistance is required, passenger must provide their own carer
- Operates in most weather conditions, please dress appropriately
The staff are personable, knowledgeable, approachable. The farm is very picturesque and well run. Coolest animals. Very informative tour with actual facts, and fun stories of the farm animals. Good for all ages. Worth a stop!
This tour was amazing! A "must visit"for animal and nature lovers. Super educational, breathtaking views and inspiring stories made the tour the highlight if our trip.