Bordeaux Super Saver: Small-Group Trip to Arcachon with Oyster Tasting and Lunch plus Médoc Wine Tour
- Professional guide
- Wine and oyster tastings
- Picnic lunch
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Entry/Admission - Dune du Pilat
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Good walking shoes are recommended for this tour
- The minimum age to drink alcohol is 18
- Minimum age is 10 year
- The tour may be cancelled if there is only 1 participant. We legally require a minimimum of two people to operate the tour. If so, we will contact the client and he will get a full refund.
A great day with a friendly, helpful and informative guide. So sorry as I cannot remember his name but he was young and previously lived in Paris. The size of the group and vehicle were also good. The sand dunes were amazing with stunning views of the sea and the forest at the top. Be prepared for a well worth climb up the dunes. I did it fine at the age of 68! Then we drove to the oyster farms and had a delicious lunch of oysters outdoors overlooking the boats and sea - magic! The afternoon was also most informative and pleasant . I learnt a lot of new facts about wine making and enjoyed sampling some good wines! In all, a wonderful day in which you also saw much of the surrounding scenery around Bordeaux without having to drive yourself!
It was a nice combination of sand, oysters and wine. First part was very good, nice host. Lunch/picnic was not what I have expected. A baguette and a glass of wine in a crowded kitchen where I was put on a chair with a little space on a table. Second half, the wine in Medoc, was dissapointing because I have chosen an english tour, but we were three which spoke english and five french, so I felt that it was a lot waste of time since they had to do all in two languages.
The tour hardly offered any commentary during the hours of transportation which was a waste of our time. You pay for transfers and brief tours by 2 château operators. Tasting was ok but did not include premium wines we tasted at similarly priced tours. The baguette lunch was embarrassingly cheap.