Bordeaux Super Saver: Small-Group Wine Tasting and Lunch plus St-Emilion Wine Tour
- Local guide
- 3 wine-tasting sessions
- Guided winery tours
- 10 wine tastings throughout the day
- Transport by minivan
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- The minimum age to drink alcohol is 18
- The tour may be cancelled if there is only 1 participant. We legally require a minimimum of two people to operate the tour. If so, we will contact the client and he will get a full refund.
You'll spend more time in the tour van than actually wine tasting. Lunch was a slice of quiche with a small salad of greens and a glass of mediocre wine. The young woman who led our tasting was not a wine expert by any means, though she was personable. The tours at the chateaus were interesting but not very in-depth about the wines they produced. The wine tastings at the chateau were extremely limited to 2-3 tastes, and they were tiny. There was no chance to buy a glass of wine if you found one to your liking. My suggestion would be to book a car and driver and go to the chateaus you most want to visit on your own.
Both the tasting sessions and the tour were fantastic!
Great learning experience for the Bordeaux wine region. J was an excellent guide and extremely knowledgeable and friendly - including other areas of France!