Cape Moreton Scenic 4WD Day Tour from Brisbane or the Gold Coast
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Moreton Island, Queensland 4025 Australia
Enjoy a 75-min scenic cruise across Moreton Bay and arrive on Moreton Island. Four wheeling along the Eastern Surf Beach to go visit the beautifully romantic Honeymoon Bay & North Point, then soak in the naturally bubbling Champagne Pools (if tidal conditions allow). See Queensland's oldest lighthouse Cape Moreton Lighthouse and learn the history, culture & makeup of the Island in Cape Moreton Museum. After enjoying a refreshing Aussie-style picnic lunch on the beach, swim in the breathtakingly beautiful Blue Lagoon fresh water lake. Discover abandoned army bunkers & cannon replacements in the sand dunes, remnants of the defence of Brisbane city against invading armies. Tour ends with return to your starting point in Brisbane or Gold Coast in the evening.
Duration: 6 hours
- Fully Guided Tour
- Live commentary
- Return Bus Transfers
- Entry/Admission - Moreton Island
- National park and ferry fees AU$50 per adult / AU$35 per child to be paid in cash upon departure
- Additional food and drinks (available to purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Luggage restrictions apply: each traveller can bring 1 carry-on bag (45 cm x 30 cm x 30 cm max).
- Luggage larger than this may be refused, or could incur a fee of $20 per piece of oversized luggage.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please note National park and ferry fees A$50 per adult/ A$35 per child 13 years & under must be paid in cash to the driver upon departure.
- Minimum age allowed - 4 years old; All children must be accompanied by at least 1 adult.
- Please bring your own towel, swimwear, sunscreen, hat & camera.
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
The trip covers beautiful parts of the Moreton Island, and the journey on the Cruiser is scintillating!! I would specially remember forever the views from the light house. Our guide DJ was a very friendly, supportive and fun-loving guy who made the trip really interesting. Wish we could get more time on 'the wrecks', but that's true for every bit of the trip....one would want more and more of it. Overall a very satisfying and memorable experience.