Bucerias Cultural Day Tour: Local Artisans, Handcrafts and Mexican Lunch
Our guests will explore tucked-away neighborhoods to engage with families of local artisans in their homes and workshops. Through translated conversations, develop deeper insights into the livelihoods of these artisans, and experience the vibrant cultural diversity within Bucerías. They Will try their hands at some local trades – such as painting or weaving – and end the tour with a family-made Mexican meal.
Become a part of the community that empowers artisans to have a voice on a global platform.
• Duration: 4 hours
• Location: Bucerías, Nayarit
• Activity Level: Easy
• Includes: Fair payments to three local families, transportation, guidance and interpretation (From Spanish to English and vice versa, and a traditional mexican meal
- Fair payments to three local families Transportation Guidance and interpretation (From Spanish to English and vice versa) Traditional Mexican meal
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please note that this tour requires a minimum of 4 people to run. If we do not hit this minimum, we will contact you to reschedule or refund your tour
- Please check your email at least 24 hours before your tour to receive last minute information
- Please advise at time of booking if any members of your group have any physical or dietary restrictions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
Loved meeting the local people and learning their backgrounds. Our guide was knowledgeable and very friendly.
Nov 9/2017 Our Group of 12 Canadian and American visitors really enjoyed a visit with two local Bucerias Artisans and then lunch at a local mom and pop restaurant. Human Connections Director Maya was an animated and informative host. She started on time and gave a brief history of Mexican work-life and her group' s mission. During the visits and at lunch she was having to translate into English, but she was quick and proficient and it was no problemo. This kind of cultural tour and at a very reasonable cost is an ideal way to meet and interact with local Mexicans in their homes and place of business. Very very welcoming and gracious, our new amigos answered all our questions and gave a history of their lives and work experience. We highly recommend this half day cultural tour which includes lunch.
My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed the Bucerias Cultural Day Tour. Highly recommend this well-organized and unique tour. We visited the homes of two artisans: a hammock weaver and welder, and learned much about their lives as well as their craft. We ended our day having a delicious lunch at a local Loncheria, with the freshest salsa, made right in front of our eyes. All the people connected with this tour are gracias, friendly, and inspirational. We plan to book this tour again when we return to Puerto Vallarta in January. The tour guide keeps track of who you have already met, so plans for you to meet different artisans if you return another time.This tour is like none other in the Puerto Vallarta area, and a must-do for those who want a different, non-touristy experience.