2 Days tour in Best Preserved Delta from Europe-Danube Delta
10:30 – Arrival in Tulcea, “ the gate to the Danube Delta”.
Stop for a visit of the Danube Delta Eco-Tourist Museum Complex in Tulcea, including a permanent exhibition offering one the opportunity to see birds declared as nature monuments, species of rare animals protected at the national and European levels and a public Aquarium showing a collection of several indigenous species of fish from the Danube Delta and the Black Sea, reef species of fish, marine species of invertebrates and also some coral species from Indonesia.
13:00– Boarding on the speed boat for the transfer from Tulcea to Sulina, our destination point.
We will finally arrive in Sulina – a very special place, full of legends buried in its mysterious cemetery where princes, princesses, pirates and people of different religions sleep forever.
Once arrived here, accommodation will be assured on the floating hotel St. Constantin/ 3* guesthouse in Sulina.
• traditional dinner served on the floating hotel;
• participation to different activities: karaoke contest, society games and others
07:30 a.m. – Breakfast on the floating hotel.
08:30 a.m. – After having breakfast, we will have the pleasure to enjoy a trip to Letea Forest, the northernmost subtropical forest in Europe, where strips of desert vegetation specific to these areas alternate with stripes of ancient oak forest and meadow with specific vegetation of subtropical forest.
Besides the typical vegetation of this area, we will also have the chance to see free herds of wild horses grazing on the meadows, special attraction of this natural reserve as well.
Visit to the forest will be assured with a special vehicles that will drive us into the forest passing through the picturesque village of Letea with its traditional houses built in the local architectural style, clay, wood and reeds, painted and decorated in the style Lipovan and Haholi. The vehicles will not be able to enter in sensitive areas, but we will leave them in a specific point where we can get on foot quite easy to sand dunes and elder oaks.
12:00 – Stop for lunch in one traditional restaurant in Letea village (optional).
16:00 - Return to Sulina. Boarding on the speed boat for our drive back to Tulcea.
18:00 – Once arrived in Tulcea, our car / minibus will wait for us in order to drive you back to Bucharest.
22:00 - Drop-off to your hotel in Bucharest.
- Overnight accommodation
- Transport by Car/minivan
- Transfer by speed boat Tulces-Sulina and return
- Boat trip cruise to Letea village for the 2nd day and return by boat to Tulcea
- Accomodation with breakfast included for 1 night on St Constantine floating hotel
- Profesional English guide assistance(for other languages,guide can be confirmed on request)
- Visits included in program
- Entrance permit for tourists in the Danube Delta Biosphere Reservation-1.15 euro/pax
- Lunch and Dinner-12 euro/pax(they can be organized as optional)
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please note that in Letea there are no restaurants,so reservation for lunch in a typical household should be sent in advance in order to guarantee a quality meal.
- Do not forget to have with you the following personal equipment,in order to avoid unpleasant events:comfortable travel clothes,sun protection cream,sun hat,sun glasses,rain jacket,mosquito cream
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
I enjoyed this excursion to the Danube Delta and Black Sea. The houseboat in Sulina could use a little refreshing but the food was excellent. There's an interesting cemetery to visit on the walk to the Black Sea. The trip to Letea Village was fun. Our driver/guide Radu was excellent and made the tour a wonderful one.