Half Day Tour in Bucharest
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Palace of Parliament, Strada Izvor 2-4, Bucharest 050711 Romania
Stop in the Constitution Square with an excellent view of the Palace of Parliament (outside visit) - the world's largest, heaviest and most expensive administrative building
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Muzeul National al Satului "Dimitrie Gusti", Kiseleff Road 28-30 In King Michael I Park, Bucharest 011347 Romania
The museum is visited on all the days except Mondays.
For that reason, Monday option of tour is cheaper.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Romanian Athenaeum (Ateneul Roman), Str. Franklin 1, Bucharest Romania
An architectural jewel in the heart of the city, which serves as a concert hall and hosts many classical music events
Duration: 10 minutes
Pass By: Triumph Arch, Piata Arcul de Triumf, Bucharest Romania
Pass near the Arch of Triumph
Stop At: Revolution Square (Piata Revolutiei), Calea Victoriei Boulevard, Bucharest Romania
The place which marked the end of the communist period in December 1989.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Patriarchal Cathedral, Str Dealul Mitropoliei Piata Unirii, Bucharest Romania
The center of Romanian Orthodox Church (inside visit included)
Duration: 20 minutes
Pass By: Victoriei Street, Bucharest Romania
Major intersection of Bucharest, surrounded by a lot of landmarks including the government building
Stop At: Old Town, Bucharest Romania
Find out the history and culture in a walking tour
Duration: 40 minutes
- Professional tour guide
- Round-trip transportation
- Entry/Admission - Muzeul National al Satului "Dimitrie Gusti"
- Entry/Admission - Patriarchal Cathedral
- Hotel pick-up & drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Palace of Parliament
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- A minimum of 2 people per departure is required
- Start time: 14:30. This tour has a single departure point: Mr.Tripp, Gray Line Romania. Tourist Visitor Centre (Calea Victoriei 68-70)
- Please make sure to arrive at our visitor centre 10 minutes before the departure time
- Children under 4 year-old cannot join group tours. Please contact us for a private tour offer.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- All students need to provide a student identification in order to receive the discount
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 17 travelers
Easy to find the tour office which was fortunate as it was raining. Some of the time we were standing in the rain trying to see the attraction and hear the explanation though the guide did his best to find shelter. The missing star would probably have been given the next day - blazing sunshine.
Christian, our guide, was very knowledgeable and it was obvious he loves his city and country. He was so interesting to listen to as we drove from place to place. And as we visited each place, he was happy to answer any question and never seemed to be in a rush. It was a very relaxing day for seeing so many things. I highly recommend this tour to get a good layout of the city and learn a lot of history before you set out on your own to explore Bucharest and the rest of Romania on your own.
A great tour to get a sense of the layout of the city of Bucharest. We stopped at all the famous landmarks and were given a background on the history of this amazing city. The tour guide and driver were knowledgeable and kept the afternoon entertaining with their banter.
A great way to get an overview of the City. A MUST tour. Our guide was very knowledgeable and extremely helpful and friendly.
Really good tour. Daniel, our guide was knowledgeable and friendly. Focused on main sites and gave details of history. We saw and learnt much about Bucharest and Romania that we cannot do it alone.
The half day tour in Bucharest covers a lot of ground and history and is definitely worth the time and money. Our guide, Mary, and the driver were wonderful. Her English was fantastic and she was very patient with us. We visited the Parliament, the Village Museum, and the city centre, as well as drove all over seeing many more buildings of importance. I loved all of the sights that we saw as well as all of the information about Romania and its history that she told us. We saw so much in four hours that I would not have been able to see or get to on my own, but it left us with the rest of the day to explore on our own as well.