Private Entrance to Gellert Spa in Budapest with Optional Massage
Mineral-rich hot springs from deep within Gellert Hill feed Gellert Spa, located on the right bank of the Danube, where an amazing bath culture has developed in Budapest since Turkish times. Constructed in 1918 and decorated with numerous Art Nouveau furnishings, Gellert Spa is famous for its main hall with glass roof, elaborate mosaic walls and detailed stained-glass windows.
Skip the line at the front entrance and head to a separate welcome desk, where an English-speaking host will greet you. With access to your own private changing cabin, prepare to relax and enjoy all the benefits of this historical thermal spa.
Choose from 13 indoor and outdoor pools filled with water from thermal springs. A natural temperature of 170 degrees F (77 Celsius), the thermal water is cooled down to different temperatures at the spa and contains minerals like calcium and magnesium, which are said to be good for your joints! You can also make use of steam chambers, saunas and cold plunge, or dip into the Roman-style swimming pool or outdoor adventure and wave pool.
Afterwards, enjoy a shower with your included Gellert Spa gift of shampoo and shower gel. IF you choose an upgrade option, enjoy a 20-minute aromatherapy massage or pamper yourself with a refreshing private 45 minutes Harmony Relax Massage in one of the luxurious treatment rooms. Stay at the baths as long as you wish, up until closing time!
Please click on 'View Additional Info' to see a map for Gellert Spa.
Duration: 4 hours
Location: St. Gellert Thermal Bath and Swimming Pool, Kelenhegyi ut 4, Budapest 1118 Hungary
- English-speaking host/hostess at welcome desk
- Gellert Spa gift (shampoo and shower gel)
- 20-minute aromatherapy massage or private 45 minutes Harmony Relax Massage (if option selected)
- Entry/Admission - St. Gellert Thermal Bath and Swimming Pool
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Spa treatments
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- In case you book the massage option, please add your preferred appointment time and gender of massage therapist in the section 'special requirements' at time of booking
- Pool, sauna and steam cabins at the spa are coeducated
- Towels and swimsuits are available for rent or purchase at the Gellert Spa (own expense). Please note that the rental place only accepts cash in local currency
- Minimum age for the massage is 18 years
- Opening hours of the Help desk: Monday - Sunday 9 am - 6 pm (except at Christmas 12.24. 9am-1pm; 12.25 10am-5pm, and Jan 01 - opens from 10)
- Please note the during Christmas and New Year season the spa as more popular then usual, the entering process may take a few minutes more than usual.
- Please note that from 27th until 29th May the indoor swimming pool is going to be closed due to construction works.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
Great ambiance and lovely massage. Grounds and facilities terrific. A step back in time! The Gellert Spa is a Budapest landmark and worthy of its place in history. Beautiful windows; very clean pools. The pools have different temperatures so there is bound to be one that suits you. A very popular place for people of all ages. A place not to be missed if you have the time to just relax.
Staff was really rude, kind of run down. Much nicer bathhouses in Budapest, skip this one. The massage therapists were very nice
I highly recommend the Private entrance to Gellert Spa in Budapest with the wonderful 45 min massage. It was a great way to end the visit to beautiful Budapest!
The Gellert Spa was amazing, stunning building, thermal baths and steam rooms were the best. Only rated as 3 due to pre-booking with Viator to include massage, on arrival was advised the massage was booked at a completely different thermal baths so they messed up the booking! Luckily the staff managed to find 2 slots for a massage at Gellert but this was 1.5hrs later than the booked time. The massage was amazing though.
Such a relaxing day! Loved trying all the different baths and pools!
Easy entrance - had a great day. The massage was enjoyable and right on schedule!
Easy entrance. Loved the architecture at the Gellert Spa and enjoyed the hot baths.
Nice place, but I did prefer other spas. This one was alright, but not more than that.