Closed-Door Restaurant in Buenos Aires: Dining Experience at Steaks by Luis
When you arrive at the private house in Palermo — one of Buenos Aires' most popular barrios, known for its trendy restaurants and bars — meet your hostess, who will show you to your seat. The intimate, private setting of the house is perfect for your asado experience, during which you’ll learn about the ingredients, techniques and rituals that go into this sacred Argentine tradition of eating barbecued meat, drinking wine and socializing with a small group of good friends (or in your case, other travelers who may become good friends before the night is over!).
Before the first course is served, head over to the loft’s parilla (grill), where you can see the grilling in action and ask your host any questions you have about asado cooking techniques. Or, walk over to the loft's floor-to-ceiling windows or step out onto the deck to admire views of the city.
Your 5-course dinner starts with a traditional picada (meat and cheese platter) followed by an ensalada mixta (mixed salad). Then enjoy a third course of grilled starters called achuras, a very authentic part of the asado experience that consists of chorizo and other meats. Finally, dig into the main event, your 12-ounce (350-gram) Argentine steak, grilled to perfection and accompanied by a side of garlic mashed potatoes. A mouthwatering dessert will end your unforgettable dining experience.
Menu (each course is paired with Argentine wine):
• 1st course: Traditional Argentine picada (salamis, cheese and bread)
• 2nd course: Contemporary mixed salad
• 3rd course: Argentine grilled starters (cheese, chorizo, sausage, blood sausage, pork flank steak and sweetbread)
• 4th course: 12-oz (350-gram) steak served right off the grill and accompanied by a side of garlic mashed potatoes and mixed salad; you may choose your grilling preference — rare, medium rare or medium
• 5th course: Dessert (varies by day)
• Wines change daily; possible wineries include Mevi, Carinae, Richardi Fazio Menegazzo and Familio Blanco
- 5-course meal
- 5 boutique wines
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
I would recommend that everyone do this tour also. The food was well presented and prepared. The different stages of each meal was appetizing and the set up was very close knit so you were able to speak to new people. We had to catch a taxi back to hotel afterwards thats the only thing I didn't like about this as it was finished about 12 midnight and it would have been nice if Viator had someone waiting for us even if we had to pay the extra for it. But in any event the taxi driver who collected us we still talk about him as he almost killed us and he broke every stop light ... and they were quite a few stop lights and he almost ran over people and I am assuming it would normally take 30 mins to get back to our hotel hedid it under 10 mins....I was so scared but I survived it thank God. Other than that we had an awesome time.
Very friendly and nice staff. Good food.
Enjoyable evening of Argentinian food and wine.
What a fantastic and unique experience!! We took a taxi to the location, which is a door with the address on it ... no other markings. That's part of the mystique of the entire night. Pressed the doorbell and we were let into the waiting area for about 10 minutes until the rest of the group arrived. 10 people in all. Then it started with sparkling wine and introductions. A great venue with an unbelievable amount of spectacular food and drinks for all. I dont want to give it all away, but it's amazing. You should try this.