Fitzroy Island Day Trip from Cairns
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Fitzroy Island Adventures with Raging Thunder, Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal, Cairns, Queensland 4870 Australia
Enjoy Fitzroy Island with Raging Thunder. Relax on the beach or explore the island and walk to the summit. Glass bottom boat is available or snorkelling equipment.
Duration: 7 hours
Stop At: Raging Thunder Adventures, Cairns, Queensland 4870 Australia
Raging Thunder will get you to the island.
Duration: 7 hours
Stop At: Fitzroy Island National Park, Fitzroy Island, Queensland 4871 Australia
Enjoy snorkelling or walking at Fitzroy Island. Spend a full day or just half a day.
Duration: 7 hours
- Use of snorkel gear (if option selected)
- Use of stinger suit (if option selected)
- Glass-bottom boat tour (if option selected)
- Use of ocean trampoline and paddle skis (if option selected)
- Picnic lunch (if option selected)
- Fitzroy Ferry levy
- Entry/Admission - Fitzroy Island Adventures with Raging Thunder
- Entry/Admission - Raging Thunder Adventures
- Entry/Admission - Fitzroy Island National Park
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stinger suits are included in the Activity Pass 2 and can be collected at the beach hire hut upon collection of your snorkel equipment. Suits must be returned to the beach hire hut prior to departure ex Fitzroy Island
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please bring sandals/reef shoes as beach is covered in old coral
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
The boat which took us to Fitzroy Island was very comfortable and you received some amazing views on the way. The sea was crystal clear, the rainforest breathtaking and the activities endless. The location was perfect for snorkelling and kayaking and the food and drink on the island was delicious. On the Island the Turtle Rehabilitation Centre is something not to be missed. A perfect day in every way.
Fitzroy Island is beautiful, it had been on our wish list for a long time and we were not disappointed by the landscape. It was very interesting to see coral beaches (note that it is not like sand : shoes were appreciated to walk on the beach, as dead coral covering it is rough under our feet). However we were disappointed by the tour in itself. First we were led to believe upon booking that wetsuits were included in the price - they were not, you have to rent them (don't remember the price but I think it was at least $10 per suit). In August water was a bit cold and even if it was not stinger season, there is still a risk, so without wetsuits we did not enjoy activities like the trampoline. Plus we were left to ourselves on the island, team members did not really talk to participants (unlike on other tours we did in the region). On our time on the island we walked to Nudey Beach and took a glass-bottom boat tour where we were able to see different types of coral. Type of visit : family (adults)
Fitzroy Island is located 45 minutes by boat from Cairns. It's a beautiful island - with coral beaches, giant boulders and rainforest walking tracks. It's a true paradise! We had a great time there. If you visit Cairns, make sure to visit Fitzroy Island.
Visited the island which was a beautiful place. Great snorkelling session with Phil amazing .. brill
I really enjoyed the beautiful scenery,peace and serenity in the island.Great tour.Thanks.
Not much to see. No lounge chairs or umbrellas for rent. Boat returned late
Less crowded than Green Island. Tour company was great. Get snorkel gear and head opposite Nudey beach which is crowded. Lunch option was tasty. Showers on island. Glass bottom boat can be skipped as you can't really see anything. Ferry fills up fast. SUP and kayak also available. SUNSCREEN!
The operator is Raging Thunder. 1. When everyone was getting on board for the return trip, the captain accused me using one ticket for two persons. He yelled loudly to order my to sit down to wait until all passengers got on board, then will deal with me as a caught criminal After everyone got on board, he signalled me to go, with no explanation how he go confused nor how he figured it out, not a word of apology - the rudest person I have ever seen in this tourist service industry after I had experience traveling most part of this world. 2. During the going trip, the cabin was filled with smell of gasoline. The captain did not do anything to correct the problem. During the return trip, the left engine failed and the cabin increasingly filled with strong smell of gasoline. Many passengers felt unwell. Good sense in maintenance could have avoided such problem.
Nature -tick. The rest not so much.
Beautiful Island. The staff were very nice fun and helpful even though it was just a transport trip.
Had a great day from start to finish.well worth the activities package and would advise for all ages. Big thanks to Fitzroy cruises