Seastar Luxury Outer Great Barrier Reef Island and Reef Tour from Cairns
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Seastar Cruises Reef Day Trips, 75 Esplande Marlin Marina, Cairns, Queensland 4870 Australia
Check in at 7.30 am at Cairns Marlin Marina, E finger directly on board Seastar.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Michaelmas Cay, Great Barrier Reef, Cairns, Queensland 4870 Australia
Located 22 nautical miles (40 km) from Cairns, the same as the distance across the English Channel, and close to the outer reef systems, Michaelmas Cay is the largest of the uninhabited coral cays in the Cairns region; in fact it is huge in comparison.
Seastar is the first vessel to arrive at Michaelmas Cay. Very few tour vessels are now permitted access to this sensitive island and now there are only two which travel daily that are permitted the right to use and access the Cay.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Great Barrier Reef, Cairns, Queensland Australia
Our second location where we stop is Hastings reef, part of the outer Great Barrier Reef.
Hastings Reef is located 30 nautical miles out from Cairns and is a typical outer reef, on most days a line of breakers marks where the deep ocean swells break onto the reef wall. The reef itself is shallow on top, with steep sides reminiscent of cliffs falling away into the surrounding water.
Duration: 2 hours
- Luxury Outer Great Barrier Reef Cruise
- Morning & afternoon tea
- Lunch - Buffet lunch
- Guided Snorkel Tour at Both Michaelmas Cay and Hastings Reef
- Mask, Snorkel and Fins
- Wet-suit or stinger-suit (seasonal)
- Buoyancy vest and noodle
- On-board commentary
- Glass bottom boat
- Island access to world famous Michaelmas Cay
- Random photos taken daily and Uploaded Facebook "Free Service"
- Return Bus transfers additional cost from City or Northern Beaches
- Cold drinks and snacks
- Introductory Diving or Certified Diving optional Extra
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- All divers to complete medical declaration
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 36 travelers
The tour was well run, food was good, and proper briefings were conducted. We were the only boat at Michael cay in the morning and it helped that we were a small group of 37. It was an amazing experience to snorkel and see the biodiversity underwater. We learnt a lot from Matt about the corals. And the highlight was we spotted a few whales on our way back by chance. Couldn't have asked for more.