Private Tour: Giza Pyramids, Sphinx, Egyptian Museum, Khan el-Khalili Bazaar
A short drive to the city side of the plateau finds you standing at the feet of the Sphinx, the enigmatic symbol of Egypt. Also in Giza you may visit the Solar Boat Museum (optional), home to the remarkably well preserved funerary boat of Khufu.
Cairo's famous Egyptian Museum houses 165,000 Egyptian artifacts, but the priceless treasures of King Tutankhamun are the highlight. His six gilded coffins dominate the main hall, while his magnificent death mask is the star attraction. Your guide will introduce you to the museum's most important pieces before you have free time to explore at your leisure.
Continuing to Khan el Khalili bazaar, you'll enjoy free time to stroll through the maze of streets and bargain for a souvenir of your trip to Egypt. During the day you will also have the chance to visit a Papyrus Institute to see how the famous artwork is made.
- Experience a Private and an expert Qualified Egyptologist guide.
- Private transportation by air-conditioned minivans ;pick up from hotel and drop off.
- Lunch (if option selected)
- Camel rides at the Giza pyramids.
- Entry/Admission - Gizeh Plateau
- Entry/Admission - The Grand Egyptian Museum
- Entrance to the interior of the the great Pyramid is 300L.E currently, and liable to change without prior notice.
- Entrance to the Royal Mummies' room at the Egyptian museum.
- Entrance to the Solar boat museum at Giza Pyramids.
- CallSend SMSAdd to SkypeYou'll need Skype CreditFree via Skype
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
The tour was booked for the wrong day. The contact info for the travel company was incorrect. I tried calling both numbers they had listed in order to rectify the issue with the dates and both numbers were out of service and nobody responded to my email. They then charged me for a full tour that I did not receive.
Perfectly handled with the right amount of time at the right places.
WOW! This was a fabulous first day in Cairo. I would insist that anyone coming to Cairo should do this trip, unless you are dead-set on spending an entire day at the Egyptian Museum. It was great to get our bearings with a guide, and we felt safe the whole time. The driver was great, even though general driving in Giza/Cairo isn't : Our guide Ahmet? was phenomenal. He was very aware of how warm the day would be and paced things accordingly. He was an excellent guide through the pyramids and Egypt Museum and was willing to answer all of our questions. He took great pictures of us, too! Hearing about history from a local made a huge impact on us. We like to think of ourselves as budget travelers, but this tour was worth every penny. We liked how the private tour made our plans more flexible-- we were able to add in a quick camel photo ride and entering the pyramids for an extra cost. He let us pick how much time we wanted to spend at the Bazaar on our own, and we found 45-60 minutes was plenty of time for us. Be prepared to have some money along to pay for the Mummy Room, a camel ride, Bazaar shopping, etc. if any of those interest you... AND enough for tips, because our guide and driver were both fantastic. They stopped at an ATM for us along the way. Bring water along! If you have limited time in Cairo as we did, I would highly recommend doing this tour the first day and a guided tour to Dashur, Memphis, Sakkara Saquara, and the Great Pyramids yes, a second time on the second day.