Kananaskis River Rafting Adventure
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kananaskis Valley, Highway 1A, Alberta Canada
Listen as the professional guides explain how to paddle and give safety instructions for your epic 1.5 to 2 hour adventure down the Kananaskis River, which originates in the Canadian Rockies and flows 46 miles (74 km) before emptying into the Bow River.
Relax as you cruise along the calm parts of the river, taking in the scenery of craggy mountains and verdant trees. Keep an eye out for wildlife like eagles and other birds soaring overhead and bears or deer walking along the banks of the river.
But don’t relax for too long — this is still an adventurous river. Listen as your guide directs you to navigate the periodic rapids. Hang tight as you bump up and down over the white water as if it were an aquatic bronco. When your rafting adventure comes to an end, you’ll be rewarded with snacks and high-fives, before relaxing on the ride back to your starting point.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Chinook Rafting, 138 Banff Ave Meet behind the Mount Royal Hotel, Banff, Banff National Park, Alberta T1L 1A7 Canada
After pick-up from Banff or Canmore (optional), take a brief but picturesque ride through the Canadian countryside to the tour meeting point.
Once you've signed a waiver and geared up at the riverbase, you'll be transported in a comfortable bus to the riverbase to begin your whitewater rafting journey.
Duration: 4 hours
- 1.5 to 2 hour rafting adventure, with an optional swim at the end
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option selected, available on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays)
- All necessary equipment (wetsuits, lifejacket, helmet, rainjacket, wetsuit booties and gloves)
- Free photos of your rafting adventure available online
- Food and drink, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option not selected)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Transport option is only available on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- All passenger weights MUST be advised at time of booking.
- Not recommended for participants with back problems, heart complaints or other serious medical conditions.
- Not recommended for pregnant women.
- The minimum number for tour to run is eight people. Minimum needed for transport is three people.
- Minimum age is 5 years old. Minimum weight is 40 pounds (18 kg). Maximum weight is 350 pounds (159 kg).
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
Viator had this listed as an intimate small group tour but when we arrived there were 120 people doing the rafting trip with us! So disappointing, especially since having a child with anxiety in crowds. It also stated 5 1/2-hour rafting. We had 90 minutes on the water, the rest of the time was spent gearing up 120 people, traveling on a school bus to the location, and getting hot chocolate after getting off the river. If you are looking for a more personal tour - then this is not the one for you. I will say, however, that our guide - Dave - was the only saving grace. Nice guy and very knowledgeable guide.
This white water rafting trip is exactly as the web site describes. It is AWESOME!! Suitable for all ages - the staff are extremely well trained, friendly and engaging. Their attention to safety is excellent. Our raft captain was Tim and he is spectacular - fun, interesting and included everyone in conversation. My family highly recommend this trip - and if possible, request to be in Tim's raft!!
This was the first family river rafting experience for us and we greatly enjoyed it. The guides were knowledgeable, friendly, courteous and had a great sense of humor. It was safe yet thrilling for us first-timers. Special mention goes out to our guide, Adam, without whom the experience would have been incomplete.
Fantastic fun. Just what we needed. Safe enough for our 9 year old and challenging enough to keep us all excited. Guides were fun and knowledgable.