Cancun Underwater BOB Scooter and Snorkel Adventure
You'll take a fast boat ride out to Chitales Reef area.
Full instruction is given before you get into the BOB
As you descend you will feel like you're floating and riding a scooter at the same time!
Approximately 30 minutes BOB Ride.
Ascend back to the boat and we return to dock.
• AquaWorld, Boulevard Kukulcan, Km 15.3 Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500 Mexico
• BOB Underwater Adventure, Aquaworld Marina Boulevard Kukulcan KM 15. 3, Cancun 77500 Mexico
- Professional guide and instruction
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- USD$12 marine park and dock fee
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Minimum age is 12 years
- Maximum age is 65 years
- Minimum height is 5 feet (1.5 meters)
- Note: Not recommended for participants with heart complaints, breathing issues, taking medications to control a health condition, high blood pressure or other serious medical conditions
- Important: A health questionnaire will be sent to you upon booking and must be revised prior to your arrival. This activity is similar to scuba diving and the same health checks must be completed prior to the service
- Transportation is not refundable
- Please note that weather may affect the service
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
Cool idea, drive your own little submarine thingy. Very slow, calm water only, and you will see much more if you go snorkeling instead. After the BOB part was over, there was only 10 minutes to go snorkeling. Less claustrophobic than snorkeling, but still uneasy to dive underwater and swim into sub.
This excursion was soooo much fun. I am afraid to scuba dive, but my husband loves it. So when I saw this excursion where I did not have to carry a tank or wear a mask, I was really excited that I had found something my husband and I could both do. The scooters are quite slow, so I guess if one encountered a shark they would be in big trouble, but that didn't happen. We got to see the reef, a sea turtle and hold a starfish. I loved that the guide took a video and photos so we have memories from this excursion. I would do it again in a heartbeat. The only downfall to this excursion was the fact that I suffered a perforated eardrum. I popped my ears at every time the guide said, however, at one point I felt a great deal of pain. As I have never scuba dived I thought that this might be normal, as my husband said that you feel discomfort in your ears. However, after the pain did not subside for the rest of the week and upon my return home I went to the doctor and found out I had a perforation. My husband said that they took us down much quicker than is recommended for scuba diving and that this is probably why. I would just recommend they slow the descent down so that others do not have this problem. It has been three weeks since we have been home and I am still waiting for this to heal. Other than that absolutely amazing excursion.