Discover Scuba Diving at the Underwater Museum in Cancun
A PADI Discover Scuba Diving experience is a great way to find out what scuba diving is really like before you take the full scuba certification course. With one of our PADI Instructors you will have a prior theory session and then enter the shallow end of the pool with all the equipment that divers use to dive in the sea and you will learn the basic safety guidelines and skills needed to dive. After a pool session you will do your first ocean dive under the supervision of your PADI Instructor.
This dive will be held at famous Underwater Museum (Museo Subacuatico de Arte) which consists of over 500 permanent life-size sculptures and is one of the largest and most ambitious underwater artificial art attractions in the world.
The whole experience lasts around 4 hours.
To sign up for a PADI Discover Scuba Diving experience, you must be at least 10 years old. No prior experience with scuba diving is necessary, but you need to be in reasonable physical health.
• Museo Subacuatico de Arte, 77560 Mexico
- 1 theory session
- 1 pool session
- 1 open water boat dive at MUSA (Underwater Museum)
- full scuba diving equipment
- Professional PADI Instructor
- Food and drinks
- This service requires payment of $10.00 USD (U.S. dollars) per person prior to boarding, payable in cash for use of marine natural elements (Art. 198 of the Act Federal rights)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off - you have to reach meeting point by yourself
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- You have to provide us information about your hotel (name and address)
- Minimum age is 10 years
- Diving within 48 hours of flying is not recommended. All participants will be required to complete a health questionnaire prior to diving: PADI Medical Statement: https://goo.gl/az6I9P
- Some pre-existing medical conditions (eg asthma, heart conditions, etc) may prevent you from diving, please consult your doctor
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
My first experience scuba diving, I felt very prepared and secure in going into the ocean with the training they give you . I did unfortunately get sea-sick, and didn't make it to the reef LOL, but other than that it the underwater museum was beautiful and from what my husband said the reef was very vibrant.
We were quite disappointed with the organization.I booked this activity as we really wanted to see the underwater museum so we said we would cancel it only in case of unexpected circumstances. We were staying in Playa del Carmen so we took a taxi on Wednesday morning 6:30 to get on time to Cancun at 8:00am where they would pick us up in the lobby of hotel RIU Caribe. At around 8:30 we started to be a little concerned because nobody came for us so we called them. They confirmed that they have our reservation and they dont know what happend so they will send someone to the lobby. The instructor from Scuba Caribe came and said that the activity was cancelled due to wind and rain, which was true but how should we know what are the perfect conditions exactly for diving. They should at least let us know that we are expecting rain so the activity is cancelled. We just wasted our money, time by waking up early on a holiday and spending 1,5h ride to Cancun and same back to Playa del Carmen.We moved the activity for Saturday and asked them to arrange a transfer for us because of their fault so the instructor called to his boss to manage this for us and he confirmed that we are going to have a pick up and drop off on Saturday.We should just double check on Friday evening if everything is in place.When we called them on Friday the phone nr didnt even work so the receptionist of our hotel called to a guy from Scuba Caribe in Playa del Carmen who of course didnt know what Im talking about so after I explained him everything he said he will call his boss and call us back asap.After an hour of waiting we called him again and he said that they can not arrange a transfer for us. After a while of complaining they agreed to pick us up on the way back to Playa del Carmen after the activity but not in the morning and that he recommends to take a taxi to be in Cancun on time.We didnt want to be even more concerned on our holiday so we left it go, but we were disappointed very much with the organization. The diving was great we saw what we wanted and the instructor was patient and showed us everything we needed so we felt very secure under the water.
This was awesome! Definitely the most fun thing we did all week! The instructor took his time to teach us the basics before heading into the ocean to do our two 30-40 minute dives. Definitely recommend!!