Cartagena Shore Excursion: 4 hours
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Cerro de la Popa, Cartagena Colombia
From this site, you will continue to the highest point of Cartagena, El Cerro de la Popa. Here, you will get to know the Monastery of the Augustinian monks and enjoy the best view of the city
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Castillo de San Felipe de Barajas, Carrera 17, Cartagena 130002 Colombia
Then, you will visit the Castillo de San Felipe de Barajas, the largest military architectural structure left by the Spanish in America.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Walled City of Cartagena, Calle 41, Cartagena 130002 Colombia
The Cartagena city tour continues with a nice walk through the Historic Center where you will visit Torre del Reloj at Plaza de la Aduana, the place used for slave trade during the Colonial period. Then you will go to San Pedro Claver Church, a historic Church that exhibits religious art and history. Lastly, you’ll visit Plaza de Bolivar surrounded by some of the city’s colonial buildings.
Duration: 1 hour
- Private transportation from and to the port of cruises.
- Knowledgeable guide in the language of your preference.
- Entry tickets to the places visited.
- Visit to the city’s main landmarks.
- Entry/Admission - Cerro de la Popa
- Unspecified food or beverage.
- Entry/Admission - Castillo de San Felipe de Barajas
- Entry/Admission - Walled City of Cartagena
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This tour includes an insurance. Please send Passport number by the time of booking to make the insurance effective
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
By far, my favorite tour of our cruise. We were met at the end of the pier by someone who took us to our tour guide, Miguel. He has 50 years of tour guide experience and it shows! Made sure we had plenty of photo opportunities and was more than happy to change the tour to fit our needs as my husband and I were the only ones on the tour. He had many connections and we felt we saw so much more than any of the other tours we could have booked! We saw everything from the Castillo San Felipe to the opera house and loved every minute of it!
Great tour! Only wished they would have picked us up at the cruise port. Instead of across at the Texaco station. It was quite a walk to get there.