Small-Group Tour: 2-Hour Marsh Kayaking Eco-Tour in Charleston
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Charleston Outdoor Adventures, 1871 Bowens Island Rd, Charleston, SC 29412-9525
Before departing from our private launching area on Bowens Island, your group will participate in a brief instructional session, safety discussion, and an explanation on how to use the foot driven steering system on your kayaks.
During your 2-hour guided eco-tour, you will explore Charleston’s iconic tidal creeks and saltmarsh. While paddling through the estuarine waters behind Folly Beach, your local guide will introduce you to the area's wide variety of wildlife. Keep your eyes peeled for dolphins gracefully playing and feeding, wading birds exploring the shallows, crabs and invertebrates crawling on mudflats, and pelicans diving! Your guide will also discuss the value and functions of the area's major ecosystems.
Duration: 2 hours
- All Necessary Kayaking Gear: kayak, paddle, personal flotation device, and dry bag
- Professional, Knowledgeable Guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Bring water, sunscreen, sunglasses, a hat, and shoes that can get wet.
- Dress for the weather.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled departure time.
- The minimum age requirement for a single kayak is 13 years old.
- Children 13 year old and younger must be in a tandem kayak with an adult (over age 18). Please call 843.795.0330 to reserve a tandem kayak, as this option is not available through Trip Advisor.
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Our captains and guides work very hard to ensure that a memorable experience is had by all of our guests. Gratuity, as you feel so inclined, is always appreciated.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
Our guide was Chelsea and she was amazing. She's a marine biologist and that made her over qualified to answer any question we could think to ask. My wife and I went at 9am and were lucky that it was overcast because it gets very warm. I highly recommend this tour if you like the outdoors and want to have a mini adventure
One of the best kayak eco tours that I have been on! Josh was an awesome tour guide. We saw a sea turtle and dolphins ended up joining us at the end! We will definitely be going back to COA