Undiscovered Charleston, Where Food and History Meet
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Joe Riley Waterfront Park, Concord Street, Charleston, SC 29401-2129
Charleston's acclaimed Chef Forrest Parker guides you along an undiscovered path where food and history meet on in historic Charleston, distilling 400 years into a walking tour experience culminating with a cooking demonstration and three course tasting of the iconic flavors of the South Carolina Lowcountry. Chef Forrest leads you on a 90 minute walking tour unlike any other in the city, as the only certified chef tour guide, exploring the complicated history of the Holy City and the culinary influences that shaped Charleston into one of the world's top food destinations. You'll visit the not-to be missed sights, but also the lesser known and understood locations where, for example, an enslaved chef created a recipe that still helps define local menus. The tour concludes at a cozy bistro where you relax while Chef Forrest demonstrates how to prepare the recipes he wrote interpreting definitive Lowcountry classics, and prepared using techniques he mastered over two decades. You'll enjoy a lunch with each of those courses carefully paired with wine, and then take his recipes home with you as our gift to you.
Duration: 3 hours
- Lunch - Chef Forrest will demonstrate how to prepare three of his recipes with heritage Lowcountry ingredients then serve you lunch with carefully curated wine pairings from Bistro a Vin.
- Cooking Demonstration by Chef Forrest Parker
- Alcoholic Beverages - The lovely wines of Bistro Au Vin will be paired with Chef Forrest's recipes.
- Coffee and/or Tea - For those who do not wish to have wine, Charleston sweet tea and filtered water will be available.
- Each guest will leave with copies of Chef Forrest's recipes.
- Entry/Admission - Joe Riley Waterfront Park
- Gratuity not included.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Guests must be 21 or older, with the exception of older teenagers accompanying parents
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
Hope it's better now. His focus was self promotion... his blog and who he knowns. He minimized fellow local chefs' food/skills. Tour was good, food was very good, but don't count on getting his recipes!!! He was able to text to ask for email addresses, pictures, reviews, but NOT to share recipes. Lesson Learned: Ask for recipes before you tip.
Enjoyed an amazing culinary adventure with Forrest! A unique walking tour provided new insights about Charleston even though we have been here many times. The cooking demo was fun and informative with tips and recipes provided. Experience was capped off with flavorful low country inspired dishes and wine pairings. Chef Forrest was very engaging given both his culinary and South Carolina historical knowledge as well as a lot of fun to hang out with for an afternoon!