Bazaar Trail Walking Tour in George Town
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kotwal Chavadi Market, Audiappa Naicken St, kothawal bazaar, George Town, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600001, India
From being the Black Town to becoming a bustling wholesale market, George Town in Chennai has seen it all. A market place where practically anything that can be legally sold can be bought for the right price. The walking tour takes you into the heart of the vegetable and flower market, with fascinating stories that provide a context to the colourful sights.
A visit to the heart of George Town is an experience you will not forget. Crowded markets, narrow lanes, fascinating history, and mesmerizing images are welcoming you to experience the colorful and rich culture.
Duration: 1 hour
- Local taxes
- Bottled water
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not recommended for child aged 8 and under
- Dress conservatively keeping knees and shoulders covered
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
This tour was amazing!
The tour was really interesting, we got so much information and it was delivered in such a gracious way by our guide Lakshmi, she was superb. A very interesting way to get immersed In India culture and history by walking through a street market, really recommended
We met up at a church and then we went by tuc-tuc to the market area which took quite a long time because of a lot of traffic in the market. The guide took us to see different kinds of shops and told us interesting information about what goes on in the market . He also told us about the history of the area and we had good opportunities to take photos.