Black House & White Temple Trip
Be captivated by the incredible sights of Chiang Rai in this day exploration. Start your day with a relaxing immersion at the Mae Khajan Hot Spring, then head to Wat Rong Khun, the spectacular White Temple known for its hauntingly beautiful blend of cultural and contemporary details. Designed by Thai National Artist Chalermchai Kositpipat, the temple features an entrance with outstretched hands, Predator jutting from the ground, as well as a number of other pop culture references within the dazzling white structure. Stop by for a hearty international buffet lunch at Wiang indra Riverside Resort, then head off to the Black House, a museum and also the home of the National Artist Dr. Thawan Duchanee. There you’ll find a complex of dark and eerily designed buildings, filled with bones, skulls, fur and feathers, displayed and arranged as though an exhibit, but also as homely ornamentation. It’s a fascinating immersion in the Thai north, one that captivates with its beauty, as well as its mystery. To end your tour, you can choose to take a tour around the Union of Hill Tribe Villages and learn about Thailand’s culture and traditions.
- See the beautifully eerie and intricate Wat Rong Khun, also known as the White Temple, designed by National Artist Chalermchai Kositpipat
- Stop by the Black House, a museum and the home of National Artist Dr. Thawan Duchanee, and see its incredible interiors and bone displays
- Enjoy a delicious local lunch to fuel your journey
- Choose to visit the Union of Hill Tribe Villages, where the diversity of hill tribes come together
- You will receive confirmation of your booking’s availability within 1 business day. Once confirmed, we will send you the voucher via email