Private 8-Hour Tour of Doi Inthanon National Park including Lunch from Chiang Mai
The tour continues with a visit to Phra Mahathat Napha Methanidon and Phra Mahathat Naphaphon Phumisiri, twin pagodas which were built to commemorate the fifth cycle birthdays of King Bhumibol Adulyadej and Queen Sirikit. Both pagodas share similar bases as well as the two-level walking path that surrounds them. The pagodas enshrine Lord Buddha’s ashes and Buddha images, and overlook the magnificent scenery of Doi Inthanon.
The tour continues with a visit to the Karen Hill Tribe Village and the Royal Project, followed by lunch at a local restaurant. Upon descending, you will stop at the beautiful Vachiratharn Waterfall before driving to Baan Tawai (Hang Dong District), a new cottage industries village that produces everything from woodcarving and pottery to classical Thai artworks.
- Quality transportation including hotel pickup and drop-off
- English-speaking guide (guides in other languages such as German, French, Russian etc. are available on request and are subject to surcharge)
- Entry/Admission - Doi Inthanon
- Entry/Admission - Karen village
- Any services not mentioned
- Personal expenses and gratuities
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Even though it may be tropical, we recommend that you bring some warm clothing
- Please provide Hotel address and name for pickup and drop-off
The pagodas were splendid and the drive through the country side and the park was beautiful. The stop was not at a hill side Karen village but a road side stand with fruits, vegetables and crafts from the local area. The last stop was not a place to see skilled craftsmen but an area to buy furniture and crafts. Since we are not shoppers we didn't need this stop. Our guide was just average so the day was just average.
We really enjoyed the private tour by guide We Chian and our driver Niphon was very good too. We highly recommend this tour for people interested in seeing a lot of what Doi Inthanon has to offer in a short amount of time as the trip to and from will take 3.5 hours in total. The tour guide is extremely engaged and intelligent about what is being seen and experienced. The lunch was also very good.